Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 jeep commander
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my front windows, auto locks, side view mirroe not working all of the sudden. The back drivers side window hasn't worked in years but I just left that alone and the weird thing is the back passenger side window still does work. So I was looking at fuses as maybe problem......I pulled the 20 amp fuse CB3 which shows I believe controls the windows but it is unusual fuse as it is solid silver color and is a bit longer than normal fuses. So, I've been searching for a replacement and can't find the exact match other than the regular 20 amp short fuses....should I just try one of those even though the length does not match? Or if anyone knows where i can get one that does match? Or is it a different problem? thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,442 Posts
Here are a couple posts to help on fuses and electrical circuits. I would almost bet the driver's door wire harness has a broken wire or 2 where it goes between the door and the body in that rubber boot.

Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum
Fuse Diagrams | Jeep Commander

Please fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Following, having a similar challenge (front windows and door locks do not operate from drivers door, window does not operate from passenger door but door locks do, driver door rear windows and mirrors work fine) I've been firing off the parts cannon and no luck so far. replaced switch, door/lock control box in the drivers door, and junction box. waiting on new pcm to see if that covers it

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
Here are a couple posts to help on fuses and electrical circuits. I would almost bet the driver's door wire harness has a broken wire or 2 where it goes between the door and the body in that rubber boot.

Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum
Fuse Diagrams | Jeep Commander

Please fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.
This individual has been a forum member since 2017 & has been issued an warning/infraction for violation of forum rules;
Following, having a similar challenge (front windows and door locks do not operate from drivers door, window does not operate from passenger door but door locks do, driver door rear windows and mirrors work fine) I've been firing off the parts cannon and no luck so far. replaced switch, door/lock control box in the drivers door, and junction box. waiting on new pcm to see if that covers it
You replaced the Master Door Switch?

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Yes! i have a few from the pick and pulls and one from the Amazon link you shared. No joy... going to go back to the pnp and grab a harness off the door so I can make my own test rig! put a power source and a few switches so i can test the motors a little more cleanly.

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
Yes! i have a few from the pick and pulls and one from the Amazon link you shared. No joy... going to go back to the pnp and grab a harness off the door so I can make my own test rig! put a power source and a few switches so i can test the motors a little more cleanly.
That wiring harness is a known point of failure;

I'd give that a good once over if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2006 jeep commander
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok- I updated my profile.
It is what you stated- I have several broken wires, at least 6 and a few that look like there about to break. I want to replace that whole wire harness that runs from the power window switch > thru the door wiring harness > to inside panel. But I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, does anyone know what the name of the wiring harness/part is actually called? thanks

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
ok- I updated my profile.
It is what you stated- I have several broken wires, at least 6 and a few that look like there about to break. I want to replace that whole wire harness that runs from the power window switch > thru the door wiring harness > to inside panel. But I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, does anyone know what the name of the wiring harness/part is actually called? thanks
Great, I can fix your profile signature now.

Although, if the rest of your information is correct - 3.7L V-6, QT-I 4WD - then you almost certainly have a Sport & not a Limited.

I know you think I'm busting chops here, but it's important to have the right trim package - different trim packages = different part numbers & different parts.

So, is it a Sport/ Base model or a Limited?

If you're not sure - enter your VIN below;

FCA RAM

·
Registered
2006 jeep commander
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, I can fix your profile signature now.

Although, if the rest of your information is correct - 3.7L V-6, QT-I 4WD - then you almost certainly have a Sport & not a Limited.

I know you think I'm busting chops here, but it's important to have the right trim package - different trim packages = different part numbers & different parts.

So, is it a Sport/ Base model or a Limited?

If you're not sure - enter your VIN below;

FCA RAM
well on the trim its says 65 anniversary edition
vin = 1J8HG48K36C366465

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
@nrj01222 ;

I think I found enough information where you should be able to effectively search for the correct wiring harness;

If you read the wiring harness descriptions - while it says they're not available, it does give you the correct part numbers;

I'd suggest scouring e-bay for the correct part #: Here is the information I found for you;

·
Registered
2006 jeep commander
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome- thanks I will give it a try

1 - 13 of 13 Posts