Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Commander (2006 3.7L QT1) just hit 60,000 miles. I noticed in the maintenance schedule that it states "Drain and refill the automatic transmission fluid, and replace main sump filter (4.7L/5.7L only)". Nowhere in the maintenance logbook or owner's manual can I find a recommended service interval for the 3.7L. Am I missing something? Does anyone know what Chrysler's recommended service interval is for this transmission?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
The service intervals in the Owner's Manual are for all Commander models except where noted.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The QT1 doesn't come with a dip stick either. It's supposed to be maintenance free, lifetime fluid. I think the lifetime is 100k. I replaced mine, thats dropping the pan and replacing the fluid, filter and gasket, when I bought it w 42k. I read here that the pan holds 4qts. I emptied about 3.5 qts and filled w 4. bought a dipstick tool off Ebay for $25 and checked, it's right on.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
My Commander (2006 3.7L QT1) just hit 60,000 miles. I noticed in the maintenance schedule that it states "Drain and refill the automatic transmission fluid, and replace main sump filter (4.7L/5.7L only)". Nowhere in the maintenance logbook or owner's manual can I find a recommended service interval for the 3.7L. Am I missing something? Does anyone know what Chrysler's recommended service interval is for this transmission?
See this thread---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1365&highlight=dipstick&page=9

1 - 4 of 4 Posts