Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well again the pathetic 2006 Jeep Commander interior door handles (panel) that are just JUNK. I ordered a couple from a salvage yard and when they arrived they looked excellent, no cracks nothing, once installed and had pressure on them fell apart and cracked again , EVERYBODY needs to call Jeep and complain, Does anybody know for a FACT that 2007 to 2010, will any of these years fit the 2006 and are they any better if they do, Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have an 07 and have had zero problems with the handles. I have even at times reached out and pulled the door shut by grabbing the handle. They should be the same but I am not positive so dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have an 06 with 132k miles on it and have never had a problem with the door handles. Same as Smitty1970, I also have grabbed the handle to pull the door shut, no problems.

John

·
Registered
263 Posts
I did have one of the handles that release the second row seat and enables it to lay flat break. I contribute it to outsourcing parts to third world countries. I know that here on the border, there are companies in Mexico making seat apolstery for GM. There is also a company over there that makes your seat belts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2006 Interior Door Panel

Has anybody out there actually tried using a 2007 - 2010 Jeep Commander interior door panel on a 2006? And if not do you know anybody that has and they worked perfectly fine? Jeep tells me that they cant cross reference in there parts department if a 2007 -2010 will fit a 2006, I know I have never heard of any handles breaking on a 2007 - 2010. Thanks Jerry

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
Has anybody out there ever used a 2007-2010 interior door panel on a 2006 Jeep Commander or know anybody that has?
All model year door panels are the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
are we talking about the chrome half circle handles that you open the door with? or the grab handles built into the arm rest?

you shouldnt be using the chrome handles for pulling it closed.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
are we talking about the chrome half circle handles that you open the door with? or the grab handles built into the arm rest?

you shouldnt be using the chrome handles for pulling it closed.
He is referring to the door handle that you open the door with. The 06 had an issue with the bezel around the handle breaking up. All models use the same parts and are interchangeable, they seem to have fixed the problem with the 07 model. Go check your local salvage yard for some replacements. As far as pulling the door shut by grabbibg the door handle, I do a lot of stuff that I probably shouldn't. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts