Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I have owned a 2006 3.7 Commander for seven years and 100K miles. I am a big fan of this ride, but it is starting to develop a few small areas of concerns.

I also just purchased a 1999 4.0 Cherokee for my two high school drivers.

Hopefully, with a little love to both, I'll have a daily driver and a mudder once the kids are done with the XJ.

I look forward to the forums!

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add that it is the base 4x4 white variety. For the most part, it's been a steady ride, but I've had to have the rear main seal and water pump replaced twice. I'm inclined to think CarMax did shotty work. I bought it there, and it was covered under warranty. Everything that was worked on under warranty was replaced three years later.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Warranty

How long was your warranty? What was their Name and Do You feel About Them, as a Service? Are a Good Co. To Deal With? As the Last one of Us out is still 7+ years old.and everyone in my area is being invaded with car warranty calls.

Swanny

·
Administrator
6,240 Posts
I forgot to add that it is the base 4x4 white variety. For the most part, it's been a steady ride, but I've had to have the rear main seal and water pump replaced twice. I'm inclined to think CarMax did shotty work. I bought it there, and it was covered under warranty. Everything that was worked on under warranty was replaced three years later.
SidCaesar19;

Welcome to the forum;

You said you have a White 2006 3.7L - so I'm guessing it's a Sport.

Is it a 4x4 or 4x2?

Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long was your warranty? What was their Name and Do You feel About Them, as a Service? Are a Good Co. To Deal With? As the Last one of Us out is still 7+ years old.and everyone in my area is being invaded with car warranty calls.

Swanny
The warranty was 3years/36,000 miles. It was through CarMax. They seemed to do fine work until the broke the bolts that held my skid plate on. I have a mechanic that has a guy that specializes in Jeeps. He only had two bays. Real small town place, but they do great work at a fair price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Greetings!

I have owned a 2006 3.7 Commander for seven years and 100K miles. I am a big fan of this ride, but it is starting to develop a few small areas of concerns.

I also just purchased a 1999 4.0 Cherokee for my two high school drivers.

Hopefully, with a little love to both, I'll have a daily driver and a mudder once the kids are done with the XJ.

I look forward to the forums!

Jason

welcome.. we have a 2008 commander.. thinking about getting a 4.0 l cherokee box too for our high schooler!!

·
Administrator
6,240 Posts
welcome.. we have a 2008 commander.. thinking about getting a 4.0 l cherokee box too for our high schooler!!
I drove one of those about 15 years ago, for a couple of years - it was a 1995 2 DR Cherokee SE - it was just a 2WD with the straight 6 cylndr 4.0L.

That was the first Jeep I ever owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts