Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just puchased a used 2006 Commander,22k. after i got it i noticed a small area on the hood where the paint is starting to bubble. when i looked under the hood i noticed there was even more bubbling. This is the only area i found on the commander that was doing this. my warranty runs out in 8/09.Does anyone know if the 36/30000 warranty would cover this. not sure what caused it,. The vehicle is great otrher than this issue.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
If it is caused by a manufacturing defect it should be covered by the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Take it in, have them fix it under warranty. Paint shouldn't be bubbling for any reason on a vehicle that new.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I will almost guarantee you that the hood has been repaired and painted. I've yet to see an OEM paint job bubble or peel up , since the early 90's anyway. The hood is aluminum so if someone did a repair and didn't use an etching primer on the raw aluminum, it would eventually peel. I would think that the dealer would have to take care of it even if the factory warranty doesn't, assuming that you bought it from a dealer and not a private individual.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I will almost guarantee you that the hood has been repaired and painted. I've yet to see an OEM paint job bubble or peel up , since the early 90's anyway. The hood is aluminum so if someone did a repair and didn't use an etching primer on the raw aluminum, it would eventually peel. I would think that the dealer would have to take care of it even if the factory warranty doesn't, assuming that you bought it from a dealer and not a private individual.
Actually, there has been a problem with this. Here is one thread and I'm pretty sure there is at least one more that I remember. I'll try to find it.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6749&highlight=paint+bubbling&page=2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts