Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is a fair trade in price for the following? -

2006 V8 4.7 liter 4wd. Power seats, leather, heated seats and mirrors, navigation, sirius radio, sunroof and skylights, parking assist, steering wheel controls etc.. 12.5k miles on it....

·
Registered
87 Posts
NADA says ~22 trade, ~25 retail. I think 22 would be tops for a trade.... (I wish more).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you checked NADA? I just looked at getting rid of mine and trade in/private retail sale is horrible, but then again it is a Chrysler product

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
This is one of the reasons I plan on keeping mine until one of us dies.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Local dealer near me has an Inferno Red '06 Limited w/ near 35K on it, they're asking close to $27K for it

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
wns808 said:
Local dealer near me has an Inferno Red '06 Limited w/ near 35K on it, they're asking close to $27K for it
Going to be hard to get when their already discounting the new '07s to that to clear them out.

NADA for Co is $22k trade/loan, $24k retail. Going to keep mine until its dead unless it gets stolen or totaled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
UberCommander said:
I want to keep mine for the long hual, but if it keeps breaking on me I will be getting rid of it.
I would recommend Chrysler Jeep of Dayton to get it fixed. I bought my jeep there and the people there have fixed all of the numerous problems that I have had right away. The owner of the Dealership is now trying to work out a lemon law with Chrysler. We'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
379 Posts
SOunds like a good dealer. I have found one in Perrysburg (Ed Schmidt) who has been excellent also. I have only had 2 minor problems and both fixed immediately without me doing their homework for them. Best service I have ever had. It seems Ohio has some good dealers around.

·
Registered
85 Posts
db_ohio said:
It seems Ohio has some good dealers around.
I've had alot of good dealerships and alot of bad dealerships. I worked at a Chrysler/Dodge dealership for 35 years, so I've seen alot. I do business with about 40% of auto dealerships in Ohio, I work for a company that supplies warranties, paint protection, etc. for auto dealerships, so there are good dealerships and bad dealerships all around.

UberCommander, I do hope that you get all of your problems fixed. It has been almost 2 months since the commander has been in the shop. (Knock on wood) I've had a strut go bad, airbag computer changed, purge valve changed, electronics went out once, loose snorkel, and many other problems....It just gets old!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I just took my JC in today for it 11th, yes 11th time. I got it last Dec. I really love the thing, but it is getting to me. I will name off some of the stuff.
-leaky back windows
-power seat broke
-drive window stops working at will (fixed 4 times now)
-AC fan only works on level 4 (fixed 3 times now)
-my JC is not whistling dixie, but the wind shield is about 50mph
-leak front passenger side from under dash
-weather striping is coming off from around drivers door
-bad case of rust on drivers door hinges
-battery light is coming on
-the vehicle hesitates when accelerating from stop

That is all I can think of at this time. I just want it to work.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
hemi lover said:
I would recommend Chrysler Jeep of Dayton to get it fixed. I bought my jeep there and the people there have fixed all of the numerous problems that I have had right away. The owner of the Dealership is now trying to work out a lemon law with Chrysler. We'll see how it goes...

That is where I got mine and they are the ones fixing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts