1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Commander 4.7 4WD QT-II
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had this problem sometime now and not solved yet
I'm mechanically inclined but not a car mechanic
Last year got stuck on the road after a long period of being able to reset the codes by disconnecting the battery
I replaced the pcm then had it programmed.
changed fluids and found regular atf 4 in transfer case.
Thought maybe that was part of it
But still does the same thing only drive a couple miles, seems to shift right but shuts off and transmission overtemp bas service 4 wd and wont start for at least twenty minutes
transmission is not over hot around 130
So I have been looking to find tcm and maybe my jeep doesnt have one but I hope someone on here knows more,

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To make a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Registered
9 Posts
Last year got stuck on the road after a long period of being able to reset the codes by disconnecting the battery
But still does the same thing only drive a couple miles, seems to shift right but shuts off and transmission overtemp bas service 4 wd and wont start for at least twenty minutes
So I have been looking to find tcm and maybe my jeep doesnt have one but I hope someone on here knows more,
My 07 Commander has the same messge on the dash....Trans over temp! Looking for an answer too!

·
Administrator
7,992 Posts
@Rohops ;

Which trim package do you have?

Sport, Limited or Overland?

You need to invest in an OBD-II scanner and pull your DTC's, or, see what codes you come up with when you do the key dance;

The Key dance is performed by turning the ignition switch on/off 3 times quickly - On the 3rd cycle, you keep it in the ON position - DO NOT turn it off on the 3rd cycle.

Any current or stored DTC's will be displayed in the EVIC.

Also, when your PCM was replaced, were the proper key re-learn procedures followed as outlined in the first post of the thread below?

Key Re-learn procedures & other important info when replacing the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). | Jeep Commander Forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the key re-learn procedure, but it's still a no start. I have the codes from my OBD ll but it's not with me. I will post them tonight. Thanks Blue!

Reactions: Big Blue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually I'm scared to put the new PCM in even though I replaced the shorted engine harness. But the PCM fuse didn't blow. So I'll do the relearn a d get back.
Which trim package does your Commander have?
4x4 Limited w/ FlexFuel E85
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Administrator
7,992 Posts
Actually I'm scared to put the new PCM in even though I replaced the shorted engine harness. But the PCM fuse didn't blow. So I'll do the relearn a d get back.
So long as you follow these procedures, you should be fine;

1 - 10 of 10 Posts