Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to pass smog inspection I have to change out my PVC hose. I'm trying to find the original part but I'm getting mixed results. 4591961AB popped up but some websites say it's not compatible. Does anyone have any ideas? The hose that's in there now is not the original part and will not pass smog inspection.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In order to pass smog inspection I have to change out my PVC hose. I'm trying to find the original part but I'm getting mixed results. 4591961AB popped up but some websites say it's not compatible. Does anyone have any ideas? The hose that's in there now is not the original part and will not pass smog inspection.

I'm not totally clear what you are asking for. On the 5.7 the PCV is a sealed unit in the intake manifold. But if you are asking about the air make up hose that attaches to the air filter box and dives under the resonator, the part number for that is listed as 53013759AB. Hope In on the right track for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not totally clear what you are asking for. On the 5.7 the PCV is a sealed unit in the intake manifold. But if you are asking about the air make up hose that attaches to the air filter box and dives under the resonator, the part number for that is listed as 53013759AB. Hope In on the right track for you.
Thank you very much! No wonder I could not find it. I don't know the first thing about cars and the smog guy told me it was the PCV hose so that's what I looked for. I've attached an image to the post, it's the hose on the left that is pinched that needs to be replaced. Any idea what that is?

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you very much! No wonder I could not find it. I don't know the first thing about cars and the smog guy told me it was the PCV hose so that's what I looked for. I've attached an image to the post, it's the hose on the left that is pinched that needs to be replaced. Any idea what that is?
Sorry about that, I guess I need to eat some crow. Yes that is the PCV hose, although it's not listed or shown in the emissions controls with the PCV valve, It's part of the engine section:shrug03:. and yes it is "04591961AB HOSE, Cylinder Head To Intake
Manifold PCV"

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
About $35 at Steve White Motors on Ebay. Bought one this year:

New Emission PCV Hose

Part # 4591961AB

Fits 2005 to 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee With 5.7L Hemi

2006 to 2008 Jeep Commander With 5.7L Hemi

2005 to 2008 Chrysler 300 With 5.7L Hemi

2006 to 2008 Dodge Charger With 5.7L Hemi

This part is OEM and a Quality Fit!!!!

24 mos. Warranty at any CDJR Dealer across the USA!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to confirm, it is part Part # 4591961AB
Just like g_ster I bought it on ebay, but from Quirckparts. $35.
Install was super easy and the jeep passed the smog testing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts