Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

(No longer for sale) 2006 Jeep Commander - damaged condition

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello Forum Friends, in the spirit of full disclosure,

I bought a Jeep commander 2006 3.7L automatic, with ~180,000 miles and had is registered and emissions verified by MVD in Phoenix AZ about 2 weeks ago. AT the time the 2 defects I found were (1) the front windshield washer spray nozzles were not working because the rubber tube connecting the reservoir to the nozzle was cut on the hood, and the driver side rear window motor would not send the window glass up or down. Yesterday while on the freeway the vehicle threw a piston and a couple of small chunks of the engine block blew out.

The A/C runs icy, the gears fall correctly (its an automatic), the transmission and the drive shaft etc., are all functioning well. The body has no dents. I have been told by a mechanic friend that it would need a new engine at perhaps a total cost of $4,000, which I am reluctant to spend.

I would like to sell the vehicle as is. The VIN # is 1J8HH48K36C211170. The vehicle when I checked Kelly's Blue Book the vehicle was priced at Typical Listing Price of $6,297 from a dealership with the separate addition of doc fees and Sales Tax. I am based out of Phoenix AZ. I will post pictures of the vehicle later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for reading. Positive comments, suggestions and all offers are welcome.
I am also posting this in the Buy/Sell -> Parts forum of this site.

Vivian
(602-697-2613 please leave me a message in case I do not pick up)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hello Forum Friends, in the spirit of full disclosure,

I bought a Jeep commander 2006 3.7L automatic, with ~180,000 miles and had is registered and emissions verified by MVD in Phoenix AZ about 2 weeks ago. AT the time the 2 defects I found were (1) the front windshield washer spray nozzles were not working because the rubber tube connecting the reservoir to the nozzle was cut on the hood, and the driver side rear window motor would not send the window glass up or down. Yesterday while on the freeway the vehicle threw a piston and a couple of small chunks of the engine block blew out.

The A/C runs icy, the gears fall correctly (its an automatic), the transmission and the drive shaft etc., are all functioning well. The body has no dents. I have been told by a mechanic friend that it would need a new engine at perhaps a total cost of $4,000, which I am reluctant to spend.

I would like to sell the vehicle as is. The VIN # is 1J8HH48K36C211170. The vehicle when I checked Kelly's Blue Book the vehicle was priced at Typical Listing Price of $6,297 from a dealership with the separate addition of doc fees and Sales Tax. I am based out of Phoenix AZ. I will post pictures of the vehicle later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for reading. Positive comments, suggestions and all offers are welcome.
I am also posting this in the Buy/Sell -> Parts forum of this site.

Vivian
@vcoelho; Please read & acknowledge the vehicle for sale buy/sell forum rules; I believe a while back it was decided that you needed at least 25 posts to post anything for sale on this forum; However, since it's not clearly noted/listed in the forum rules, I'll allow this posting to stand - BUT you need to read and comply with the forum rules posted below - which includes posting clear photos of any vehicle for sale;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/45-vehicles-sale-wanted-trade/71161-required-reading-before-posting-any-vehicle-sale-forum%3B.html

One stipulation I will put on this sale is, you can only sell this XK "as is" I won't allow this vehicle to be "parted out" simply because, you don't have enough time on the forum to try and take on a task of that magnitude. I'm saying this here and now, not so much for you @vcoelho - but for other members who will undoubtedly ask you to sell individual parts. So for those of you with that thought - don't bother asking.

#3 · (Edited)
Responding to BigBlue on forum rules

Hi Big Blue.
Thanks for allowing my post to stand this is a huge favor to me. I beg your indulgence to permit me to get the photos sometime today and then post them. I do not have them at this time.
Thanks, Vivian

And to continue to respond to your next message, While I have the skills to part out the vehicle, at this time, I have not time and will not till perhaps December 2019 to get mechanical on the vehicle. So the vehicle is being sold on an AS IS basis.
Thanks, Vivian

#4 ·
Hi Big Blue.
Thanks for allowing my post to stand this is a huge favor to me. I beg your indulgence to permit me to get the photos sometime today and then post them. I do not have them at this time.
Thanks, Vivian

And to continue to respond to your next message, While I have the skills to part out the vehicle, at this time, I have not time and will not till perhaps December 2019 to get mechanical on the vehicle. So the vehicle is being sold on an AS IS basis.
Thanks, Vivian
Whenever you have the time Vivian....thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.