Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know the exact part number for the accelerator pedal replacement part with adjustable pedals and the 5.7 Hemi on an 06 Commander? Apparently the throttle for the 5.7 is different than the v6 or 4.7 v8 in that it is drive by wire. So therefore the accelerator pedal will have the potentiometer thing built in. I am having trouble figuring the part number out to find one online. On Rockauto there are two different Mopar ones for the 5.7 showing. I just want to get the right one. Seems the part number only works for 05 and 06 Grand Cherokees and 06 Commanders. Must be changed for 07. I found out I had the stripped gear inside for the adjustment on the gas pedal. Only moves a quarter of an inch or so. But when I removed the cable connecting the brake pedal which has the motor from the accelerator pedal the brake pedal moves full range smoothly. So I know to replace the accelerator pedal.

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok after some research it appears there are two parts to the accelerator. 68003662AB appears to be what I need. That is the bracket base thing with the gear inside. The other part number is for the accelerator pedal itself with built in throttle position sensor 53013675AC. I think I got this correct. Anyone else can confirm this or have replaced this part on a 5.7 on a 2006?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is from the 2006 Parts Manual, @ridinginstyle.

View attachment 41247
Thank you for this info. From the research it looks like things have changed or this is incorrect for a 5.7 as it is different to 3.7 and 4.7. I'm not sure. I will include a picture of the part I found which I believe I need. It looks like the pedal will bolt to it. There is nothing wrong with my actual pedal, just the gear thing inside the base.
Black Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts
@ridinginstyle Sorry, but the parts manual did not break the pedal assembly down into individual parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ridinginstyle Sorry, but the parts manual did not break the pedal assembly down into individual parts.

Yes I believe to address the problem of the adjustable pedal they may have created this part to deal with that. I will have to make sure I can unbolt my accelerator pedal from the base then bolt it on to the adjustable part. I think that is the case.

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts
Yes I believe to address the problem of the adjustable pedal they may have created this part to deal with that. I will have to make sure I can unbolt my accelerator pedal from the base then bolt it on to the adjustable part. I think that is the case.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.