Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Jeep Commander Leak behind the passenger wheel well. Noticed a puddle in my garage this week. I located the source of the leak, but I'm just unsure what this part is called and if it's an easy repair.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I can only say that on my 4.7 the leaks were caused by deterioration of the heater hose T"s. Can you tell if is coolant or brake fluid? Use the search function and you will find several posts addressing this issue, if it is a coolant problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did search but can not necessary find a picture of the device that is leaking in other discussions. It is coolant, and it appears to be connected to lines running to the rear of the vehicle

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
2006 Jeep Commander Leak behind the passenger wheel well. Noticed a puddle in my garage this week. I located the source of the leak, but I'm just unsure what this part is called and if it's an easy repair.
@Milbs;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those are the hoses for the Rear Heat & A/C. I'm doing this right now too on my 5.7l. From my research, this leak typically starts up at the firewall at the Ts then runs down the hose to where you're looking; exactly what mine is currently doing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had to delete the rear ac because the lines corroded and caused the ac to leak out. Was too expensive to fix.

Reactions: 06XKRestore
1 - 6 of 6 Posts