Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone PLEASE help me. My 06 Commander came with a 6 disc sirius radio. I just bought of ebay an Pioneer AVH-p3200BT with Garmin Navigation. I keep hearing that i need to buy all these adaptors and it's driving me crazy. I was also told i need to buy a sirius tuner and a Cd-SB10 Interface for the Sirius part to work. Do i really need all these things? I just found on this forurm that my commander already has an Sirius receiver under the back seat somewhere.

Also if i need to buy this new turner thing can i use the antenna already on my jeep ? I'd hate to put another antenna on the roof.

I know i need to buy a steering wheel cable and something for the memory seats and backup assistant. My this is alot of work.
You can respond to me at [email protected] Thanks Jeep Peeps

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Call/write to Crutchfield. Tell them what you have stock, and what you want to do. I would not mention ebay. They will tell you everything you'll need to know, and they can sell you any/all adapters that you will need!

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
As well, visit Pioneers website and download the manuals for the radio you bought, go through the instructions.

There are a dozen different OEM radios, some might have the sirruis reciever built into the radio, others might have a seperate receiver unit.

This is the same with aftermarket radios, some have the satellite reciever built into it, others need a seperate unit to connect to it. Pioneer makes both, the manual from their website will tell you what you need.

As well, you'll have to contact Sirrus and switch the receivers on your subscription.

Antenna, you likely need at least an adapter, don't be surprised if the antennas are very specific and one antenna is NOT universal and your pioneer unit will need another antenna.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts