Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 jeep commander, yesterday 11/14/22 I turned my jeep off to run into somewhere when I came back out it would not start, so I tried to self jump then tried someone jumping me off still nothing, then I thought ok maybe starter. After a while I tried and tried to crank and finally it crunk up. But then it would not go into park. It goes in reverse neutral and drive but not park. I have to put in neutral with hand brake up. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,219 Posts
@Eurica Hall
Welcome to the forum.

The following is required of all forum members.

Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make or modify a Signature click here for instructions - Signature - How to make or modify

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section. New Member Section

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 jeep commander, yesterday 11/14/22 I turned my jeep off to run into somewhere when I came back out it would not start, so I tried to self jump then tried someone jumping me off still nothing, then I thought ok maybe starter. After a while I tried and tried to crank and finally it crunk up. But then it would not go into park. It goes in reverse neutral and drive but not park. I have to put in neutral with hand brake up. Please help.
My problem was the two bolts holding the lower part of shift lever. Also caused my vehicle not to start occasionally.

·
Registered
2006 Commander, 4.7, QTII
32 Posts
I'd suggest taking the cover off of the console and check out the mechanism for broken, loose, or stuck parts. I don't recall the details other than that is how I fixed a problem going in and out of park on mine.

·
Registered
2006 5.7 4x4 Limited
59 Posts
The part that goes around the gear shift post under the knob (handle), attaches to the "curtain" that keeps debris out of the guts of the shifter below the handle. That multi-piece curtain can fail, and when it does, the part around the handle (about 2 or 3 inches wide left to right, and a half inch tall rear to front), can bind up the shifter handle, and make it difficult to get into, and out of, Park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts