Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all!

So I have had some trouble with my 2006 Commander over the past few weeks. Its now in with my local Jeep Service centre here in Turkey. The two parts I need are the Transmission Control module (code unknown) and the engine electronic control unit (code 56044743AB). Neither of these parts are available in Turkey. Does anyone have a decent point of contact who might have either of these parts?
I'm not ready to give up on this car just yet!!!

Thank you

Paul

Registered
I found that the Chyrsler Dealership in Bartow FL had the front control module for our 06 Cdr Limited 5ltr. As you have found out, Chyrsler does not produce the PCM. I found a place in Florida that had rebuilts only. So,try thunderdodge.com on 1425 W Main St, Bartow FL for that Engine electronic control unit (56044743AB) and, then try ProTech Auto Systems located on 3296 NE 11th Ave Oakland Park FL www.protechautosystems.com for that TCM. This shop solely does rebuilts on the computer modules. Good Luck!

Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
Both of you guys.
Hello and welcome to JeepCommander.com! To help make your forum experience as positive as possible, we would like to direct you to some important sections of the site.

First, all new members are strongly encouraged to make an introduction to the forum thread, which can be posted here - New Member Section | Jeep Commander Forum

Second, you can find all of our Rules and Policies by following this link - Important New Member information, Forum requirements...

And third, all of your notifications (including alerts for Private Messages, labeled Conversations) can be found by clicking your user image at the top right of the site. You will know when you have an alert by the red dot that appears.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to any of our staff members @rblapham , @Big Blue or @jeep5253 found here; (1) Start a Conversation | Jeep Commander Forum

Once again, welcome to the community and have a great day!

-The JeepCommander.com team

Administrator
I found that the Chyrsler Dealership in Bartow FL had the front control module for our 06 Cdr Limited 5ltr. As you have found out, Chyrsler does not produce the PCM. I found a place in Florida that had rebuilts only. So,try thunderdodge.com on 1425 W Main St, Bartow FL for that Engine electronic control unit (56044743AB) and, then try ProTech Auto Systems located on 3296 NE 11th Ave Oakland Park FL www.protechautosystems.com for that TCM. This shop solely does rebuilts on the computer modules. Good Luck!
To all concerned;

I have a link for a place that sells new PCM's, TCM's etc.

I'll post the link when I get home in a couple of hours.

Registered
2006 Limited 5.7 QDll 142k miles

I'm fairly certain I used ProTech back in 2015 when I replaced my 06's ECU (b/c of the trans temp over issue)... I went with a rebuilt one for around 200$, and it's been perfect ever since.

Administrator
1 - 7 of 7 Posts