Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well We all know I wont get 60K, all the disadvantages of investing money into your car :) My Jeep is a limited, 6200 miles, only 1000 miles on the lift kit, tires and wheels. I work outside the country so its just sitting in my garage. Its always been garaged and I am on the original owner, never smoked in (I dont smoke). The vehicle is perfect shape. I have nearly 10K in professionaly installed stereo equipment. All hidden still allowing use of the cargo area but the 3rd seat has been removed and Its stored in my basment. If your interested or want more pictures just send me an private email. I have lots of threads on here with all kinds of pictures.

Why am I selling it you ask? I am just never home and dont plan to be for the next few years. If a cars goin to sit and not run it might as well be a hotrod :) (not that the hemi isnt)

·
Registered
366 Posts
will you part the visor monitors?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
What's up with the rear tow hitch wiring? It looks like you are missing the 7-pin receptacle?

I would so buy this if I had the cash. Still haven't won the lotto yet though.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used Drawtites trailer wiring deal apposed to the OEM one, it was much cheaper and installed in minutes. I installed the tow thing myself. I have since added the receptacle :). When that lottery man!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does come on, I have to push the button for around 12 seconds to disable it. I am still waiting for the fix :-( But honestly asside from the hassle of pushing the button its no big deal.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I'd just sit on it and pay it off fast, then you'll still have something unique to drive with low miles. You're home enough to run it or have someone else run it around the block at least weekly. That's too nice of a truck to just let go.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats kind of the plan, I dont think I will be living in the states again though, i am looking at places in Croatia and Malaysia after I leave my current location. Not to sure so I thought I'd put it out there and see what kind of deals came about. Its a great deal for somebody, no doubt!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Iowa Commander said:
It does come on, I have to push the button for around 12 seconds to disable it. I am still waiting for the fix :-( But honestly asside from the hassle of pushing the button its no big deal.

Sorry to see ya sell it.
I just want to add. With the ESP. LX cars have a switch that has been made to cut off ESP completely. Maybe it can be installed on a Commander

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
It seems that people who have done fairly extensive mods to their vehicles never keep them for long. Anyone notice that?

I had a friend who did the same thing with his Supra. He modded the hell out of it to make it faster and faster, and then he turned around and sold it because it wasn't comfortable or fun to drive on the street anymore!

·
Banned
94 Posts
TR4Runner said:
It seems that people who have done fairly extensive mods to their vehicles never keep them for long. Anyone notice that?
Not really.

TR4Runner said:
I had a friend who did the same thing with his Supra. He modded the hell out of it to make it faster and faster, and then he turned around and sold it because it wasn't comfortable or fun to drive on the street anymore!
I've been around cars - all kinds - since well before I could drive. Some people like to build, some like to drive, some like to mod and some simply like to polish.

For some, the journey is more important than the destination.

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
meat said:
Not really.
Well, you have now. Just read the thread. Perfect example.

I've been around cars - all kinds - since well before I could drive. Some people like to build, some like to drive, some like to mod and some simply like to polish.

For some, the journey is more important than the destination.

Your pal,
Meat.
Me too..... but I'm from the school of mild modifications. I like to do minor mods and then drive them. I never understood the guys who spend big money on mods and then turn around and sell their vehicles at a huge loss. The depreciation pretty much sucks when you leave your vehicle stock and sell it after a year or so. The depreciation totally sucks when you sink $60K into a vehicle and sell it for about half that total. But hey, I guess it's only money. To each his own...

·
Banned
94 Posts
TR4Runner said:
Well, you have now. Just read the thread. Perfect example.
Perfect example of what? One Commander who is selling his rig, that's all I see. It's not a condemnation or a statement that either a majority or a minority are an example of anything. Much less a 'perfect' one.

I, quite frankly, find your continued negativity towards Jeep, Chrysler and Commander owners in particular to be something you need to work out within yourself before you hit the "post reply" button.

TR4Runner said:
I like to do minor mods and then drive them. I never understood the guys who spend big money on mods and then turn around and sell their vehicles at a huge loss. The depreciation pretty much sucks when you leave your vehicle stock and sell it after a year or so. The depreciation totally sucks when you sink $60K into a vehicle and sell it for about half that total. But hey, I guess it's only money. To each his own...
Maybe it's not just negativity. Your post smacks of jealousy and coveting what others have. Maybe they inherited the money, or maybe they earned it through hard work and perseverance. Whatever the case, it's none of your damned business how they spend it. Contact your proctologist for assistance in relocating your head from it's current position.

Who cares what the depreciation is. It's not your money. It's none of your affair.

The secret about who loses money on hot rods, kit cars, custom cars and 4x4s is this: the builder. The builder is the only person who will ever see a loss when building his ride. His experience is different, and his motivations are not usually cost-driven.

Another secret is this: those who focus on money will never get any. The more you try to grab it and the tighter you grip it, the faster it flows out of your hands like so many grains of sand.

Get over yourself, TR4Runner. We only get one trip around the sun, enjoy yours. Car builders - myself included - are certainly enjoying theirs.

Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
meat said:
Perfect example of what? One Commander who is selling his rig, that's all I see. It's not a condemnation or a statement that either a majority or a minority are an example of anything. Much less a 'perfect' one.
No, it's just what I said it was-- a perfect example of my point. Never once did I say that it had anything to do with a majority or minority. I made a statement that I noticed people who tend to spend a lot of money on their mods seem to want to sell their vehicles rather quickly. I don't know the reasoning behind that, but I suspect that they might modify their vehicles to the point that they are so far from stock that they are no longer enjoyable to drive or reasonably economical, or whatever other reason. Then when they try to sell their vehicles, they end up searching for that one perfect buyer who will appreciate their highly personalized mods and put up the cash to purchase it. From what I've seen, the seller of a modified vehicle is almost always better off pulling off his mods and returning the vehicle to stock before selling it. Then he can sell the mods a piece at a time to try and make some of that money back.

I, quite frankly, find your continued negativity towards Jeep, Chrysler and Commander owners in particular to be something you need to work out within yourself before you hit the "post reply" button.
I find your assessment of me ridiculous and fasle, quite frankly. Out of my hundreds of posts on this forum, the majority are not negative in any way shape or form toward the Jeep brand or the Commander.

Maybe it's not just negativity. Your post smacks of jealousy and coveting what others have. Maybe they inherited the money, or maybe they earned it through hard work and perseverance. Whatever the case, it's none of your damned business how they spend it. Contact your proctologist for assistance in relocating your head from it's current position.
Okay, it's time for you to grow up with the proctologist comments. I have no reason to be jealous of anything or anyone. I could easily drop several thousands of dollars to modify my vehicle. Like I said earlier, I choose not to do so, mostly because I prefer only mild modifications that will distinguish my vehicle from stock, or make it performe better, without making sacrifices in others areas like driveability or ride quality, for example.

And actually, I don't give a damn what you or anyone else does with his/her money. It means nothing to me. I was just commenting about my observation that so many people seem to fall into the "modify and then sell it for a loss" category. If you (or anyone else) feels like doing so, then you go right ahead. If I want to comment on it, then I will whether you like it or not. Last time I checked, this is a free country there, meat.

Who cares what the depreciation is. It's not your money. It's none of your affair.

The secret about who loses money on hot rods, kit cars, custom cars and 4x4s is this: the builder. The builder is the only person who will ever see a loss when building his ride. His experience is different, and his motivations are not usually cost-driven.

Another secret is this: those who focus on money will never get any. The more you try to grab it and the tighter you grip it, the faster it flows out of your hands like so many grains of sand.
Those who focus on money will never get any? Now that's a truly laughable statement. Sorry, but you're completely wrong about that. Next thing you'll be trying to tell me is that spending money on mods and selling your vehicle will make you money. There's no way you're gonna convince anyone that this is a smart financial move. You can make a valid argument that it's an decision based on emotion in the hopes of personal satisfaction or gratification, but to say that focusing on money prevents people from getting it is truly laughable. Try selling that to all the people who built their wealth by themselves.

Oh, and by the way, I focus on my money, and I have plenty of disposable money. Does that mean I don't spend it? No, of course not. Does that mean I blow it all foolishly? No, of course not. Does that mean that I tend to use my head before making decisions? Got it, but.

Get over yourself, TR4Runner. We only get one trip around the sun, enjoy yours. Car builders - myself included - are certainly enjoying theirs.

Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Your pal,
Meat.
Car builders? Is that what you consider yourself? Hmmm... I guess I'm a car builder too then. My 4Runner is modified (but not extensively), my M3 is modified (again, not extensively), and almost every one of my prior vehicles was modified to some degree. I guess I'm a car builder too then. Up until now, I just considered myself an enthusiast who appreciates modifying my vehicles, but now I'm a car builder. The only difference here is that I don't modify my vehicle and then try to turn around and sell it in a year. I keep my vehicles as streetable as possible.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Hmmm.... it's all starting to make sense now. FJCruiser (what, an '06?) to an '07 Wranger to an '07 Commander.

I think I see what's going on here... LOL

·
Banned
94 Posts
TR4Runner said:
No, you really don't.

Your pal,
Meat.

P.S. My FJ Cruiser was an 07. They didn't make them in 06. With a member name like "TR4Runner" you should have known that.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Gentlemen(?)
This thread is in the Buy/Sell section, which is a section for conducting business. Please take your argument to PM or start your OWN thread!

I will apologize, on your behalf, to the original poster.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I guess at the very least there keeping the thread alive. I appreciate all the opinions, I will admit I do lots of new car and bike purchases, make lots of mods and sell them losing money. Luckily I am ok financially so its no big deal, I just like playing around with things, and when I sell them I'd like to think somebody else its getting a great deal. I have heard it from family and friends for the last 20 years but its about what I enjoy. If I could make money doing it I would but I'm just not that lucky. You think this one is a big loss, you should have seen the Buell I sold on Ebay, 200 miles on it. So after all the opinions who's buying it? LOL I think my next car is going to be a Vette, HEMMEEE any advice? I like all of them in paticular 81 on down and 98 on up. Pros/Cons?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.