Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was about to pull the trigger on the Old Man EMU complete lift system today, but then had second thoughts after reading some reviews. I mainly want to gain about 2 inches of lift and have the front and rear closer to level. The tech at RR said they sell the spacer to help with the leveling. My question is, do I want the Old Man complete setup with coils and shocks/struts, or do I want the Rough Country kit with the Bilstein 4600's? If I go the second route, will front and rear be level or will I need anything additional to do that? Lastly, I have 17x7.5 OEM rims and want to know what tires work best with the lift for clearance, but will also be flush with fender and not sticking out. I'm assuming I may need a 1" spacer to bring it out. Sorry for the long thread, but thanks for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased the OME HD complete kit for my 08 Sport with the 3.7 last November and I'm glad I spent the money for it, i'm pleased as can be with the end results. I've no regrets doing it. I gained 2 1/2 inches and it leveled it out.

I had JBA upper control arms installed and I put 255/75/17 BF Goodrich M/T on it. I did put new rims on it, 17 x 8 with a 35mm offset (stock is 44mm if I remember) to account for the width difference. no spacers needed with them.

With stock rims I'm thinking you probably won't need spacers but I won't say for sure. The control arm stud can be shortened if it is rubbing. With 265/70/17 you will need spacers.

I preferred the 255/75/17 vs the 265/70/17

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rifle...so I did order the OME MD along with a set of RR upper control arms. I'm still on the fence on whether I will use stock rims or change them out. Thanks for the info on the sizing....any chance you can send me a front/rear shot so I can see how they sit compared to the fenders? Thanks in advance!

JP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts