Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy who lives near me has a 2006 limited that he is going to be sending off to the crusher. It was his mothers, and it was not very well taken care of to say the least. but it does have some good parts. I pulled some stuff already but figured I would throw this up in case anyone needs something that they dont feel like paying a tone for (like the third row seat lever plug that I pilfered, no way i was $15 dollars for that thing).

I have already pulled the headlights, drivers side view mirror, two reverse sensors, seat lever plug, and temp control module. Got it all for $50!!!

not sure when he is taking it but if you need something let me know and I can try and grab it before it gets flattened.

·
Registered
336 Posts
any idea of the kind of dash/radio kit he had? what about the lift gate handle, does it have the slot for a backup camera?

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a limited so it has the stock nav radio. When I swapped batteries to get the window down the screen turned on and we a bunch of vertical colored lines. Guessing it's no good, but it might just be the screen.

I am pretty sure it had the back up camera. Are you just looking for that chrome handle trim?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, definitely the chrome lift handle. Also, wouldn’t mind the dash kit with the radio bezel...mine was only a single and am switching it out for a double din.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, definitely the chrome lift handle. Also, wouldn’t mind the dash kit with the radio bezel...mine was only a single and am switching it out for a double din.
Will try and grab the chrome piece this weekend. Do you want the side (door moldings) chrome trim as well?

Also the dash and radio bezel is all one piece right? I believe it was a dark grey, is that the piece you want? Also just a heads up. The vehicle got left with the windows down so it is dirty and will need to be hit with some hot water and a rag.

Give me a price to offer the guy and I will let you know what he says. Feel free to pm if you don't want to do it here.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if it is 4wd? Qt-2 or QD-2? V6, 4.6V8 or 5.7V8? Color?
Color is silver, pretty sure it's not 4wd, and if I remember correctly it's the v6. Slight chance it's the 4.7 but definitely not the hemi.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Will try and grab the chrome piece this weekend. Do you want the side (door moldings) chrome trim as well?

Also the dash and radio bezel is all one piece right? I believe it was a dark grey, is that the piece you want? Also just a heads up. The vehicle got left with the windows down so it is dirty and will need to be hit with some hot water and a rag.

Give me a price to offer the guy and I will let you know what he says. Feel free to pm if you don't want to do it here.
Not sure what a good price is. I’ve seen as little as $30 and as much as $100 for the chrome liftgate. Pretty much the same with the dash lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the radio is toast, I could use the knob for the nav zoom in/out function. Know if he still has the owners manual? I'd take it too. Thanks for posting!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Some guy who lives near me has a 2006 limited that he is going to be sending off to the crusher. It was his mothers, and it was not very well taken care of to say the least. but it does have some good parts. I pulled some stuff already but figured I would throw this up in case anyone needs something that they dont feel like paying a tone for (like the third row seat lever plug that I pilfered, no way i was $15 dollars for that thing).

I have already pulled the headlights, drivers side view mirror, two reverse sensors, seat lever plug, and temp control module. Got it all for $50!!!

not sure when he is taking it but if you need something let me know and I can try and grab it before it gets flattened.
You've opened up some can of worms starting this thread hc......good luck.

Just a heads up to all - I'm monitoring this thread to make sure this does not get out of hand - if it does, it will be shut down.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does it have the rear grab handles?
Rear grab handles are there. (1st in line)

If the radio is toast, I could use the knob for the nav zoom in/out function. Know if he still has the owners manual? I'd take it too. Thanks for posting!
radio looks to be toast. I do believe the owners manual is in the center console. (1st in line)

Hows the interior? What color? I need various parts. Driver seat, rear seat belt, center console lid.... thats all I can think of off head. lol
interior color is a very light gray, not sure the actual color. Windows were left down so there is some mold on the inside, but it came off the door panel I was messing with very easily. I would assume the rest is the same. Will get pics this weekend hopefully.

id take a vent for 3rd row hvac if it has it?
Pretty sure it has it will let you know.

Im looking for some interior pieces. What color is the interior?
Interior is light gray. That work for you?

You've opened up some can of worms starting this thread hc......good luck.

Just a heads up to all - I'm monitoring this thread to make sure this does not get out of hand - if it does, it will be shut down.
If you think this is a can of worms just wait for what I am about to tell you... Also "out of hand" come on we are adults here, communicating from all over the country, through a keyboard and screen, about highly coveted jeep commander parts, what could possibly go wrong?

*UPDATE*
So back to that can of worms I was just talking about... The dude wants this thing gone but I wont be able to get down there ( it's an hour away from me) and pull the parts I still want, let alone the parts you guys want before he sends it off to die. So against the behest of my lovely pregnant wife, I have decided to buy the damn thing. She told me I have two weeks from the date of purchase to get what I need off of it and for it to be gone. If not she will light it on fire in the driveway (which might be pretty cool to see). So keep posting what you need and as I get requests/time I will pull the parts and we can nail down shipping and a price. I am a teacher and finals are approaching so I have little time, but will do the best I can to get what you need before it gets flattened or burned.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
If you think this is a can of worms just wait for what I am about to tell you... Also "out of hand" come on we are adults here, communicating from all over the country, through a keyboard and screen, about highly coveted jeep commander parts, what could possibly go wrong?
LOL......What can go wrong with a bunch of wolves all fighting over the same dead carcass......

I leave that one alone......sounds like you are committed and have things well in hand.

·
Banned
6 Posts
*UPDATE*
So back to that can of worms I was just talking about... The dude wants this thing gone but I wont be able to get down there ( it's an hour away from me) and pull the parts I still want, let alone the parts you guys want before he sends it off to die. So against the behest of my lovely pregnant wife, I have decided to buy the damn thing. She told me I have two weeks from the date of purchase to get what I need off of it and for it to be gone. If not she will light it on fire in the driveway (which might be pretty cool to see). So keep posting what you need and as I get requests/time I will pull the parts and we can nail down shipping and a price. I am a teacher and finals are approaching so I have little time, but will do the best I can to get what you need before it gets flattened or burned.

What could go wrong?? lol I'll go look at mine Sunday and see what all I need and let you know. Get them interior pics.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Rear grab handles are there. (1st in line)

radio looks to be toast. I do believe the owners manual is in the center console. (1st in line)

interior color is a very light gray, not sure the actual color. Windows were left down so there is some mold on the inside, but it came off the door panel I was messing with very easily. I would assume the rest is the same. Will get pics this weekend hopefully.

Pretty sure it has it will let you know.

Interior is light gray. That work for you?

*UPDATE*
Thanks i need black pieces. Good luck

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.