Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the obvious shortfalls of not having the touchscreen, no Bluetooth, and no iphone input, my newly acquired Limited has another issue. It randomly loses the presets. Then randomly they come back. No rhyme or reason as to why. Any ideas?

ALSO, I have searched and searched for an inexpensive plug and play alternative to add an iphone 5c input and have come up with nothing. Looks like all the add ons are for an ipod and the older style iphone. Is there a plug and play unit that will work? I dont want to break the bank on this, and do not want to give up my current stereo since the previous owner has paid for satellite radio for the next couple years. I do not have a rear entertainment center, so no worries there.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Your 06 Limited should have U-connect which is their version of Bluetooth. I have been using it for years. If yours is not working, it my need to be reset.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm unsure whether or not Bluetooth was an option outside of the REC Navigation system, but the REC is fully compatible with bluetooth. UConnect will be the button on your rearview mirror. You can pair your phone and program in your contacts and all that through the voice prompts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I don't recall seeing it either, but when my wife gets home I will check. Either way, it still has the issue losing memory.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
To reset U-Connect, remove fuses 27&28 while engine is running. They are located in the fuse box under the hood and are blue and red. There is a little lever on each side that you lift up. Once you lift them up wait 10 seconds then turn off XK and reset the fuses. Start the car and hit U-Connect button and it should work. I would try this for reset buttons also.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK I win!! YES that's right, I win the dumbass of the month award that is. Apparently I programmed all the presets on memory 1, but when I get in I usually hit the 2 button on the memory. Had no idea til this morning that it changed the presets too. So now to set them up on both memories. LOL... I thought I was going crazy because my wife said she never had that problem. Well DUH!! She always uses memory 1.

Just gotta find a way to hook the iphone to it for music now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts