Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone have a diagram to how the second row captain seats connect to the bracket that has the tension spring...
i must be doing something wrong cause i don't know why i can't get it to meet up so i can put the bolt through it.....i'm sure part of it is cause i've had to lift it like 20 times and my arms so sore and i'm tired of dic*in with it.....thanks for the help...
i made post yesterday about this..my mom spilled all the gas in the back seat. i put it was a 2008 jeep commander.
i found out today it is a 2006 jeep commander 5.7 hemi, with captain seats...
that's all i know about it

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
It is really hard to envision what you're describing. I can only imagine, since the seats totally fold over and spring loaded at every joint, you took something apart that has spring pressure on it, and NOT have to get it back together with spring pressure fighting you and no room/place to fit a lever into the area and compress the spring and take off the spring pressure to get pieces back together.

So all I can suggest is extremely general.

First, look it over again, see if there is room in there to put a big screwdriver into the mechanism and use it as a lever to compress the spring and take off the pressure and get these pieces lined up.

If you can't do that, then likely you took it apart incorrectly -OR- are putting it back together in the wrong order. You may need to take it apart again, look at how the pieces fit together and get the pieces together first that spring pressure applied later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank u for the reply..i appreciate u answering me. i don't think i took it apart wrong, but ya never know....i'm gonna call dealership and see if they have any suggestions. its the two bolts that hold the seat on....somewhere i messed up or something is messed up.
thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts