Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you knowledgeable people. My wife has a 2006 Commander with a V6. In the mornings when it is cold, I have noticed a lifter tap that goes away after it warms up. The Jeep has 154,000 miles on it and otherwise runs good. Have any of you used Marvel Mystery oil, Sea Foam, Lucas Oil, etc. to try to alleviate the tapping? I know some will say to replace the lifters but that isn't an option right now. What is the consensus on this? Also, there are some suspension components that have some play and will need replaced this spring after the weather breaks. I already have a driverside lower control arm ready to install. What else is common to develop play? The bushing that the strut is attached to looks like it is really compressed. All opinions very appreciated. Will probably be collecting replacement parts over the winter to install this spring.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I've got what I thought is a lifter tap. I am running seafoam and 5w30 atm, but that does not seem to have fixed it.

I may be leaning more towards an exhaust leak now. It appears that the lifter tap is far less prevalent on the newer vehicles (mine is a 2010)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
sway bar end links and bushings wear pretty commonly. Spring isolators too. I've got to do UCA/LCA bushings and lower ball joints soon...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts