Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Could use a little guidance here. I own a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.7 L V6 Engine. I've owned it since 2008. I've recently had the Check engine light come on with a code indicating High Idle RPM. However, I have not noticed any higher than normal idling. it appears to be in the 650 to 700 RPM while in a warm engine idle state. The Jeep uses a DBW ignition system and has no idle ACV. I've replaced the Throttle Module Body and erased the code. But after the second engine restart and the first stop light I come to, the Check engine light comes back on with the same code. All the vacuum tubing is in place and I cannot find any leaks. The engine sounds normal during startup, operation and when idling. What would be the next step in locating the problem?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hello Folks,

Could use a little guidance here. I own a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.7 L V6 Engine. I've owned it since 2008. I've recently had the Check engine light come on with a code indicating High Idle RPM. However, I have not noticed any higher than normal idling. it appears to be in the 650 to 700 RPM while in a warm engine idle state. The Jeep uses a DBW ignition system and has no idle ACV. I've replaced the Throttle Module Body and erased the code. But after the second engine restart and the first stop light I come to, the Check engine light comes back on with the same code. All the vacuum tubing is in place and I cannot find any leaks. The engine sounds normal during startup, operation and when idling. What would be the next step in locating the problem?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum @RDavTurner ; What is the specific DTC you are getting - should be P----?

I'm guessing since you've had your XK since 2008 - all of your recalls & campaigns have been completed to date?

If it was me, I'd spend the $120.00 and go to Jeep and have them run a proper engine diagnostics check and then go from there.

Probably not the answer you want to hear - but that would be the prudent, smart thing to do, particularly since you have no real signs or symptoms related to the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts