Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the Job 1 (start of production) date for the 2007 Commander?

Also any confirmation on what changes are planned?

·
Registered
96 Posts
No info from the factory boys as to when we can order the '07 model as of yet. I don't really expect any significant changes other than a new color or two... As soon as I get info I will post it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I wouldn't think you would be able to order a 2007 until in July sometime.

Saw the new "Jeep Green" at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday. Thought I would like it better than Beryl Green but I can't say that I do. They had the 65th anniversary models on display all in Jeep Green.

Also got to look at the Compass. I like it better in person.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I only ordered a few Commanders in the new Jeep Green, however, I loaded up on Wranglers in Jeep Green, everything from SE's to LWB Rubicons. I think they will look great.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tryin to figure out when to order a new Commander... thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Really not much too them. The extra badges on the door, small logo in seat backs and on floor mats. Chrome tow hooks and body colored door handles and rear trim piece. The rest is just certain option package depending on which vehicle. You can get them in other colors besides green also. See Jeep.com.
I may just buy the "Jeep 65" badges and put on 07 Commander. I did that with my 2001 Cherokee, put the 60th badge on it. Just for looks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did receive confirmation today that there will be an Overland model available in both 4x2 and 4x4 versions for the 2007 model year. I will post anything else that I receive.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am hoping the Overland is not just visual appeal but offers some additional off-road goodies.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mango~Ridge said:
Hey Ranger31, what does the Overland package offer?
Not 100% sure as of yet. I will post the changes/upgrades when I receive them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also, it appears that for the 2007 Wrangler there will be both 4x4 and 4x2 drivetrains offered in the Base and Premium models. No more I6 and a 4x2 version, wonder what in the &$%# DC is thinking?...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DCX just needs to stop making 2WD Jeeps (not just Wranglers). Everything should be at least single-range 4WD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts