Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate any help I can get on this problem. I recently got a great deal on a Jeep Commander. It had the interior changed because of a slight fire. My problem is the wiring plugs on the front seats to the Jeep wiring don't match. I thought I might be able to cut the plugs off and connect the wires directly if I knew which wires went where. The driver side has a power seat and all the wires are the some color except on the Jeep side there is one extra wire with the color of light green/violet stripe . On the passenger side is where I really am having trouble. On the Jeep side I have five wires 1. Violet 2. Black 3. Lt Blue/yellow stripe 4. Lt Blue/dark green stripe 5. Green/violet stripe. and on the passenger seat side there are only two wires 1. Lt Blue 2. Lt blue with a slim dark green or dark blue stripe. I would appreciate it if someone could check their wiring and tell me if they have the same wire color connections and especially what colors are connected on the passenger side. It's the two wires under the passenger seat that I am really having trouble with. My airbag light stays on and I was told it's probably because the seat wiring isn't connected. I already know about disconnecting the battery before doing any wiring. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I took a look at the manual to see if I can find what you were talking about, my manual is for a 2006 model. I don't know if it will be much help but here it goes.....
Well lets start with the first thing is the drivers seat, Light green / Violet stripe. I found a light green / violet tracer which shows from the motor-seat adjuster-driver recliner to the switch seat driver (assuming thats the switch on the side of the seat). So it's used to adjust the drivers seat recliner.

Now for the next one.
BLK - Looks to be your ground wire coming from the switch that was on the side of the seat. According to the diagram any time the switch would be moved it would provide a ground for your passenger recliner and horizontal adjuster motors, but that is only if it had heated seats. You should follow the wire back some and see if it splices into another color because it could also be a ground for a heated cushion.
Violet - I could not find anything with just violet, double check to see if there is a tracer, all the ones in the print are with a tracer.
I could not find anything listed in the manual for the light blue or green wires, I will keep looking. When I get a chance I will take a look at mine tomorrow and see if I can make a since of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gulf550. I may be in trouble right of the bat. My drivers seat does have the recline button but it doesn't have the Lt Green/Violet stripe wire in the plug. It's only on the Jeep side plug. My passenger seat plug only has the Lt blue and a Lt blue/slim dark green or possibly dark blue stripe. Both of these wires are small. It appears these two wires go into the seat belt attachment . I know this jeep is supposed to have the Occupant Classification System on the passenger side and I can't see how only two wires can relay that information as well as the seat belt information but I hope I'm wrong. Thanks again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay on the passenger seat are all 5 wires together in the same connector??? I went out to mine and I had only 4 going to same connector, which were:
violet w/brown tracer, black, Light blue w/yellow tracer and light blue w/ drak green tracer. All the wires I mentioned are for seat belt system / airbag system.
LB w/yellow tracer - Passenger seat belt tensioner line 2
LB w/dark green tracer - Passenger seat belt tensioner line 1
black - ground
violet w/ brown tracer - passenger seat belt switch sense

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Gulf550. Yes all the wires I listed are in one plug from the Jeep side and the two small blue wires are all that's in one plug from the passenger seat. I have an appointment Friday on a airbag recall and I'm going to have it scanned. Hopefully someone at the Jeep dealership can tell me what I need to do. I was just hoping to do it myself with the price they will charge me to do it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry, I wish I could of helped you out a little better. Just let us know what you come up with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts