Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update on my 2007 Commander order...

A VIN has now been issued for it and the scheduled completion date is 07/26/2006.

·
Registered
398 Posts
What kind of pricing were you able to get on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
With all of the incentives on 06's, why did you order 2007 and wait? Were you able to take advantage of the same offers; employee pricing, 0%, etc?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pricing was not available at the time of order (I ordered the day ordering was opened to my dealer). I am paying cash so didn't really care if I got 0%. I wouldn't mind the Employee Pricing but doubt that will be offered on a new model year vehicle.

So why did I go for the 2007? The 2007 offered better dash materials (soft touch plastics like those used in the 300C), power lift gate, integrated navigation and backup camera package (camera video appears on the navigation screen instead of a separate screen).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rikmeister said:
steel blue met is an awesome color . You have good taste mate
Thanks! I thought it would like nice next to it's little sibling (see signature for photos of my 2001 XJ).

·
Registered
261 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
Thanks! I thought it would like nice next to it's little sibling (see signature for photos of my 2001 XJ).
Best of both worlds. I want those Moab wheels for my XJ ;)

When is your CMD 07 ready by? Can't wait to see the steel blue!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XJaiger said:
Best of both worlds. I want those Moab wheels for my XJ ;)

When is your CMD 07 ready by? Can't wait to see the steel blue!
The dealer thinks they may have my Commander in by the second week of August, unless DCX holds it back for quality inspections.

I just put those Moab wheels and Wrangler SilentArmor tires on the Cherokee when I installed the 3" Old Man Emu lift.

I am also in negotiations to buy an all-original 1955 Willys Pickup that just needs some cosmetic restoration (new paint, new interior). The current owner has stripped the paint on it already and I think that if I get it I may paint it Jeep Green (saw it on a Commander yesterday and liked it).

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am in the process of restoring a 1949 Jeep Willys 4X4. It needs total restoration, so it will be a few years before she will be on the road.

If you find a Jeep Willys that needs minor work, Buy it! Eventually these cars will be worth a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hemi lover said:
I am in the process of restoring a 1949 Jeep Willys 4X4. It needs total restoration, so it will be a few years before she will be on the road.

If you find a Jeep Willys that needs minor work, Buy it! Eventually these cars will be worth a lot of money.
What kind of Willys are you restoring? MB, CJ3A, Wagon, or Pickup?

This restoration would probably take a while too, just because ideally I would like to do a frame off just to bring things back to a better than new state. Plus everything takes time and MONEY. :mad: The only way I can justify my Jeep addiction is if I never go even a dollar in debt over it.

And for me it really isn't about the future monetary value, but instead feeding my addiction for all things Jeep. :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is a 2 door wagon. I found one like it on Ebay, it looks somewhat like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952...96QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6470QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

True, it would cost a lot of money to completely restore it like I am doing. For me its not so much the money, its the time it takes and rebuilding almost all of the body work.

But, I like to go to car shows with my toys (1953 Dodge Pickup, 1990 dodge Dakota Convertible) so a Jeep would be a nice addition.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hemi lover said:
It is a 2 door wagon. I found one like it on Ebay, it looks somewhat like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952-JEEP-WILLYS-PANEL-TRUCK_W0QQitemZ160008168596QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6470QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

True, it would cost a lot of money to completely restore it like I am doing. For me its not so much the money, its the time it takes and rebuilding almost all of the body work.

But, I like to go to car shows with my toys (1953 Dodge Pickup, 1990 dodge Dakota Convertible) so a Jeep would be a nice addition.
I had actually looked at a few of the Willys Wagons like that. However, I really love the pickups.

Luckily this pickup I am looking at won't need much if any body work. It has no dents or dings and the paint has already been stripped. Basically it just :D needs the body pulled off, frame painted, engine and drivetrain taken apart and cleaned / serviced, body painted, and new interior seats, door panels, etc. I would also probably put a 2" lift on it just to give it a little bit more ride height. So although none of that is overly time consuming it all will cost money. :(

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just as an update; I am (VERY) impatiently awaiting my Commander to leave Michigan. It has been completed and had an estimated ship date of early last week but still has not been placed on a rail car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why don't you fly to Michigan and drive it back from the plant?;)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hemi lover said:
Why don't you fly to Michigan and drive it back from the plant?;)
Oh believe me, the thought has crossed my mind. :D But a couple of problems... 1.) I have no idea where the holding lot is. 2.) I don't think they would let some random individual come and pick up the car.

If it hasn't left by the first week of September I will be screaming at someone because I need it for a vacation that is planned for later in September.

·
Registered
131 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
Oh believe me, the thought has crossed my mind. :D But a couple of problems... 1.) I have no idea where the holding lot is. 2.) I don't think they would let some random individual come and pick up the car.

If it hasn't left by the first week of September I will be screaming at someone because I need it for a vacation that is planned for later in September.
I live right by the plant, if you want directions let me know, like litterally 5-10 minutes away

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Avsfan33 said:
I live right by the plant, if you want directions let me know, like litterally 5-10 minutes away
Eh 2.) is still a problem... I don't think they would let me just show up and say I am here to get my Jeep.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Plus I think you get a slightly larger gas tank with the 2007.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.