Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
how do I resolve problem?
What year and engine? Have you had it long? How many miles? If it has the 5.7L hemi, this may be norma-lish from the MDS system. May just need an oil change. Again if it is the 5.7L, it is very sensitive to oil viscosity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cyprian

I'd clean the 'idle control valve' my 4.7 at times would simply shut down. [88,000 miles]

I took mine into the kitchen sink and scrubbed it with a toothbrush and Dawn dishwashing soap and let it dry overnight on the counter. Has to make it spotless. Hold the valve open so you can really get it 100% clean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I had a similar problem, with the engine actually stalling at idle at one point) and ever since me and my buddy cleaned the idle air control valve (and the throttle plate for good measure) the problem went away and it's been running like a top ever since.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
how do I resolve problem?
@cyprian; Welcome to the forum; Unfortunately, you're not starting out on the right foot.

You've done a few things here, that I have an issue with and I truly hope that other new members will take note of what's discussed here, before they post for the first time;

You've provided very little information for anybody to try & give you an intelligent response to help you diagnose your problem and to make matters worse, you haven't even completed your user profile correctly, which means we don't even have the basic information about your Commander, that would be needed to try & help you.

For starters, you can complete your user profile as directed here and you should have read this before you ever posted;

So that being said;

What year is your Commander?

How many miles does it have on it?

Which 4WD system do you have?

Are you receiving any diagnostic trouble codes in the EVIC?

Have you been to a dealership or a certified mechanic, to have Diagnostic trouble codes pulled with an OBD-II Scanner?

This is the kind of information you need to provide us with up front, before you come here with a very vague description of an issue you're having and asking "How do I resolve the problem?"

If you want us to help you with any kind of efficiency, you have to provide the basic information I asked you for above, at a minimum. And please properly complete your user profile. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts