Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum and I wanted to share my ideas for my lift project on my 07 commander. So far I would like to get a OME full suspension kit (not sure about HD or MD) as well as 1.5 SpiderTrax spacers. I have heard this lift will give me about 2 in initially and with the shocks another inch. I plan on rocking 265/60-18 Mastercraft Courser AXT. It will mainly be a mall crawler but i like knowing that it could go offroad if need be. With these parts I have a few questions.
1. Will this retain stock geometry
2. Do I need UCA
3. Can I add a RC 2in spacerlift in top of this (hoping that this would give it a total of a 5in lift)
4. Is there anything I should add or remove from this setup

Thanks guys love the forum!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
It will not retain stock geometry and you cant add another spacer on top. If you want 5" you'll need to start with the 4" Superlift which does maintain oem angles.

For 265/60/18s you'll be fine with just the basic OME setup. UCAs arent required, it should align fine with stock arms.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
With just the OME? No you'll be good. When you start going higher without doing it properly is when you start running into issues. Im pushing the limits with my setup but I dont put a lot of miles on and do all my own work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine will be a daily driver and due to my lack of car knowledge I will most likely have it installed. I really don't plan on anything more than the OME with the shocks.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The limit IIRC is 23" hub to fender. Modified OME is possible to get to that point. There a few ways to modify the OME lift, one is using bilstein 5100 struts in the front set @ .75", another one involves using JBA strut plates for ~.5" lift on top of the OME.

Crawl OFFROAD sells them prepackaged (he's a forum goer, Chris is his name IIRC, he's on jeepforum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts