Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 limited edition 5.7L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the new owner of a 2007 LE 5.7L hemi It has 155000 mi and 3 days after I bought it the engine light came on and it started shaking like crazy. The DTC's codes were P1414 1416 looking at youtube I discovered how to reset the car computer. Walah it worked....for 200 miles and then started the same thing. rough runiing and idle. DTC's came back with misfire on cyclinder 7. Finally I broke down and decided to replace the MDS solein oids. When I took off the intake The two MDS that the computer gave the DTCs looked newer then the other two. I replaced the two older ones. Put it back together and ran good for a day and then it came back. Same dtcs as before. Decided to replace the other two(newer looking) MDS this time I noticed that almost exactly at 200 miles it started again. Both times I reset the computer and drove 200 miles and it started again. Sometimes one trouble code sometimes multiple. Checked the plugs looked good, gap looked good. Coil packs look fairly new. Oil ports looked clear and the oil is clean. Now looking at the PCM,ECM it seems to be shutting down the MDS or they are not reactivating. When the engine runs good it's great otherwise its undrivable. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,291 Posts
Possibly a help - if you press the "tow Haul" button it prevents MDS from kicking in. But it also keeps the trans in one lower gear.

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.
NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->2008 Owner's Manual

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
I'm the new owner of a 2007 LE 5.7L hemi It has 155000 mi and 3 days after I bought it the engine light came on and it started shaking like crazy. The DTC's codes were P1414 1416 looking at youtube I discovered how to reset the car computer. Walah it worked....for 200 miles and then started the same thing. rough runiing and idle. DTC's came back with misfire on cyclinder 7. Finally I broke down and decided to replace the MDS solein oids. When I took off the intake The two MDS that the computer gave the DTCs looked newer then the other two. I replaced the two older ones. Put it back together and ran good for a day and then it came back. Same dtcs as before. Decided to replace the other two(newer looking) MDS this time I noticed that almost exactly at 200 miles it started again. Both times I reset the computer and drove 200 miles and it started again. Sometimes one trouble code sometimes multiple. Checked the plugs looked good, gap looked good. Coil packs look fairly new. Oil ports looked clear and the oil is clean. Now looking at the PCM,ECM it seems to be shutting down the MDS or they are not reactivating. When the engine runs good it's great otherwise its undrivable. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.
@jckeane61 ;

Welcome to the forum;

Maybe this helps;

Commander 3.7/4.7/5.7L (2006-08) – TroubleCodes.net

P1414Cylinder cut-out solenoid 4 -malfunctionWiring, cylinder cut-out solenoid, oil pressure,ECM
P1416Cylinder cut-out solenoid 6 malfunctionWiring, cylinder cut-out solenoid, oil pressure, ECM

Also, please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your profile signature as directed;

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Thank you & welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts