Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bowdown: i cannot figure out which flowmaster 50 suv you guys are putting on the 2007 limited, 4.7?? can someone give me some input puullleezee!!

thankx, frank

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just put the 40 series on mine yesterday, little louder than I want but for the 50 series you need:
offset inlet, center outlet and oval because it fits the best. The stock muffler is 30" long so you will need to add some 2 1/2" pipe as well and have it welded in.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I just put the 40 series on mine yesterday, little louder than I want but for the 50 series you need:
offset inlet, center outlet and oval because it fits the best. The stock muffler is 30" long so you will need to add some 2 1/2" pipe as well and have it welded in.
X2

Youll love the sound of the flowmaster 50 Series SUV muffler!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do the 06's 4.7's have 2.5" pipe as well?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do the 06's 4.7's have 2.5" pipe as well?
As far as I know there were no changes to the exhaust diameter from 2006 to 2007 so im sure its got 2.5 inch pipe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think this is going to be my next mod, so this is helpful. I think I'll get his welded in and then I'm not gonna mess with a full blown CAI kit for now...I'm happy with my K&N drop in filter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like it's part number 52557 - 50 Series SUV / Performance Muffler, 2.50" IN (C) / OUT (O).

·
Registered
299 Posts
52556 v.s 52557 ?????

Which one, or what is the difference?
-Seth

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
52556 v.s 52557 ?????

-Seth
I just checked out both part numbers on the Flowmaster website and they both say Super 50 SUV muffler with 2.50 offset inlet and 2.50 center outlet. So im not sure exactly what the difference is between those two part numbers. I just went to the local speed shop and they happened to have one on the shelf with offset inlet and center outlet in the 50 series SUV muffler. I dont have a clue what the part number was. Sounds amazing though on the 4.7 liter engine. I'd call Flowmaster directly and see what the difference is between the two.

·
Registered
42 Posts
52556 v.s 52557 ?????

-Seth
according to amazon: the 52556 is offset in, center out and the 52557 is the opposite, center in, offset out. So which one is it? Is Kitkat right with offset inlet, center outlet? I am looking at getting it soon

·
Registered
42 Posts
bump. can anyone tell me if its offset in/center out or center in/offset out thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts