Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult would it be to swap out the factory 6 disk unit with a navigation unit with rear backup camera? Would this be a simple plug in play (besides running the wiring for the camera). Also would the navigation unit have the u-connect option? Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
U-connect was an option with Nav unit, so you would have to find a unit that had it plus the rear view mirror that controls it, unless you add the kit that sticks onto the lower dash, unless you already have U-connect. You would have to replace your whole dash face plate for the one with the double din opening. Also, the camera is installed on the the rear trim panel. You would have to replace your trim piece with the one that comes with the camera (there are 3 available: 1. black, 2. chrome, w/o camera, and 3. chrome, with camera) or cut yours out to fit the camera, providing you can purchase the camera as a stand alone item. :eek:rangehat:

I never knew that U-connect wasn't part of the Nav system until a member posted that he had a Nav but wanted to add U-connect. :stickpoke:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Yes, but you will need some additional parts for it to work. Use the "search" function: my-gig. Some members have done this. :eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I've also heard that a my-gig system could work in the 07's any truth to that?
When you use the forum's seach don't put the dash in mygig. Just use the word mygig and in the advanced search function use the "title" search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts