Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a photo of their 2007 Overland front end? I bought my Commander used recently and suspect that I'm missing a trim piece and two bolts from my bumper skin. I've attached a photo of the underneath of my bumper to illustrate this.

I believe that my bumper should probably have something like this, probably attached with two 10mm bolts:

http://www.justforjeeps.com/xkchbumo.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
It looks like someone removed the chrome piece that is there on the Limited, and I believe, the Overland.
I think you are correct, the fascia piece is shown in this pic:

And this picture is with the chrome fascia missing:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments and photos folks.

My guess is that the purpose of the 2 holes is two-fold: to fasten the bumper skin to the frame at that point (there are threaded holes directly behind there) and to hold that trim fascia piece on.

I'll have to add this to my list of "mods" to bring my Overland up to snuff.

Can anyone identify the specs of the 2 bolts (and washers) that I'll need for this? I believe that the service manual mentions that they're 10mm. If that's true, I just need to know the appropriate length.

Ah- the fun of buying a used vehicle that a dealer bought at auction after coming off of lease. Some other findings that make me scratch my head: navi antenna (behind the head unit under the dash) is missing, no remote keyfobs. I have antenna on order. Bought 1 keyfob from dealer at $150. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Can anyone identify the specs of the 2 bolts (and washers) that I'll need for this? I believe that the service manual mentions that they're 10mm. If that's true, I just need to know the appropriate length
You are correct about the bolts being 10mm, they were approximately 1.25 inches and the washer was fixed as part of the head of the bolt (solid piece).

I sold mine to another member since I am replacing my bumper anyway.

·
2,248 Posts
Wireboy,

Send me a PM with an address to mail it to, (not a good idea to post addresses or phone numbers on the open forum) and I will send you a free chrome, (it is actually plastic) fascia. I will take it off and send you the hardware also. The deal is that you have to give someone else on the forum some free part in the future. I also have the "Get Lost 4X4" bumper, so I do not have a place to mount the chrome fascia.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow- thanks a bunch HueyPilotVN. You guys on this forum are the best. I've only been here a short while but have already experienced great fellowship and help.

I'll do my best to honor your request to pay it forward.

·
2,248 Posts
I missed the UPS Monday. I made another trip into town today only to find that UPS pickup office is closed for Veterans Day. I will get it out for sure in the morning.
I did find out that it mounts by sliding into six slots, four on the top and two on the bottom. The two bolt holes mount both the lower bumper and the fascia to the frame. I could not find the two bolts but they look like common frame hardware.

Here is a teaser picture until you get the fascia. I did clean and polish it up for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow- so shiny- bling alert! :bowdown:

No rush- please handle at your convenience.

Thanks again so much for your generosity. You're a great American. Happy Veteran's Day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received the part and hope to install it soon when the weather breaks. Thanks a bunch HueyPilotVN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts