Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 3.7 v6 and we started with a P0300 random misfire code we replaced all the spark plugs. The person helping me forgot to plug in the mass airflow sensor we did not know this. we then continued to get the P0300 code so we ordered all the ignition coil sleeves. We replaced those then we saw the mass air flow sensor connection rehooked that up. We still were getting the P0300 code random misfire and then also now P0132 O2 sensor high voltage bank 1 sensor 1 and also now P1128 manufacture control. It idols high low and will not stay consistent does anyone have ideas before we keep just buying parts. I am not sure if not plugging the mass air flow sensor is causing these further issues and if now we replace the mass airflow sensor and now the 02 sensor? I have no clue what the P1128 manufacture control would be either. Thank you for any input

·
Registered
110 Posts
I looked for the P1128 in the service manual and don't see it listed. I googled it and on other Chrysler vehicles it is also related to bank 1 O2 sensor, so you may have a problem there.
This is out of the Commander Service manual for P0300.

And here is the P0132.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I was/am troubleshooting this issue for a while now. Started with the random misfire. I replaced all plugs and coil packs. Didnt solve it. I then replaced the ambient air sensor, the IAT sensor and the MAP sensor. I also got new Mopar O2 sensors. After all of that the random misfire also gave me the P0302 code meaning cylinder 2. I swapped the coil packs between cylinders 1 & 2 to see if the problem followed the coil pack and sure enough it did. One I got a new coil pack the random misfire problem went away. Now Im dealing with a P0403 code which has to do with the post catalytic converter O2 sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts