Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2008 3.7L 4WD sport, and I'm having some trouble finding a cat back system. Gibson makes one for 2WD, and everyone seems to make one for the 4.7 & Hemis, but not for my model.

I know I can get just an off the shelf muffler but I've moved away from my trusted exhaust shop and would like to go with a cat back for simplicity's sake.

Does anyone know if such a system exists or have any experience to share? I've searched high and low and can't find anything.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
No cat-back for the 3.7.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have heard that gibson makes one for the 3.7L...my buddy is looking into it for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
3.7 cat back

hey dynomax makes a cat back system for our 3.7 engines .. just go to to their site and put ur trucks year and model and it will come up !

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
hey dynomax makes a cat back system for our 3.7 engines
The dynomax system is good but not great. It comes with a flange to slip fit adapter so you don't have to cut the original muffler out. Everything after the Y pipe flange is all slip fit in. The problem with this system is the muffler is just a glass pack. It is going to sound ok on the 3.7 but there are much better muffler options out there. Your best bet is to go to a local exhaust shop, tell them what you want, and get a better muffler put in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts