• Winter Battery,
  • Water pump,
  • Serpentine belt,
  • new Radiator hoses,
  • Alternator,
  • Starter,
  • Head Gaskets,
  • New Coil packs and spark plugs.
  • Actuator and Fuse (passenger heat still doesn’t blow hot air)
  • New Stayco Radiator was installed February 2018.

All That has been done in the last two weeks. It all started off thinking it was a bad battery. Then going to alternator then starter.
Anyways, last night I got 3 codes. P0300, P0113, P1414. So I will be troubleshooting in the coming days, most likely on weekends when I have the time. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I am just trying to see what my options are. This is my wife’s vehicle and we have 3 kids so we need the car running or the funds to get a newer car for her.
Thank you for anything y’all send my way.

Sincerely, Jo

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
Recheck plug gaps, if that doesn't work what brand did you use? Swap it for OE replacement. I think the hemi is very particular to COPPER? I have the 4.7 08 so not sure.

Check your air sensor connection and hose at the intake a quick search says maybe those weren't reconnected or plugged in all the way. Check all miscellaneous hoses/connections and use a second set of eyes for any that may have been missed.

Sounds simple. Would be horrible to sell a beautiful vehicle after what you just put in.

If selling is still what you want pics would be helpful and what state you're in?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oh - make sure all your air is out of the system, sounds like it's low on coolant if only one side is getting circulation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recheck plug gaps, if that doesn't work what brand did you use? Swap it for OE replacement. I think the hemi is very particular to COPPER? I have the 4.7 08 so not sure.

Check your air sensor connection and hose at the intake a quick search says maybe those weren't reconnected or plugged in all the way. Check all miscellaneous hoses/connections and use a second set of eyes for any that may have been missed.

Sounds simple. Would be horrible to sell a beautiful vehicle after what you just put in.

If selling is still what you want pics would be helpful and what state you're in?

All of the spark plugs have been properly gapped and cylinders were checked for compression. My Jeep currently struggles to start even with a new battery, alternator and starter put on. The mechanic who worked on my Jeep had solved the jerking and shaking by gapping the plugs and working on the compression in the cylinders but I’m still not able to drive my car. Needing to fix the P0300 code.
Here are some pics:

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Car Tire

·
Registered
264 Posts
Gotcha. Ok so two things I would do here. Check the air filter, replace it. Its cheap and it happened once on my wife's old minivan causing an issue starting much like that.

Second are the plugs oe or what brand and what type? Could still be the issue. These vehicles are notorious for being picky about these things.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. Ok so two things I would do here. Check the air filter, replace it. Its cheap and it happened once on my wife's old minivan causing an issue starting much like that.

Second are the plugs oe or what brand and what type? Could still be the issue. These vehicles are notorious for being picky about these things.
I bought Champion Double Platinum - not OEM.

I know that my air box is missing the clips to keep the air filter housing shut. That P0113 code could be due to the clips not closing the air filter duct housing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The engine still has a shake to it but nothing like before where it seemed like someone was stepping on the brake over and over. I honestly hope that my issue is something minimal and I’m not needing to replace a cylinder.

·
Administrator
16,177 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Switch the plugs back to Copper. Should fix that issue.
For the air codes the clips won't throw it, check the filter and the tube and the connector on the intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts