Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
walkjon said:
The Camp Jeep link not working.
Do you know where for 08?
Camp Jeep link should have went to a site to sign up for notification.

I don't think they release details on location, etc. until around February.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OKAY so I can't post a link (not enough posts) but if you Google Camp Jeep 2008 you can find similar threads.. Here's an excerpt:

"After searching for ‘Camp Jeep 2008’ on Yahoo and finding this post, I called Jeep at 877-CAMP-JEEP to see if they’d talk about the location/dates. The person I spoke to confirmed that Camp Jeep 2008 will be in the Blue Ridge Mountains (Virginia) again this year, from Thursday July 24 2008 to Saturday July 26 2008."

I called the same number and received an identical response.

It seems that all anybody gets is that A) it is returning to VA and that B) Registration will be opening soon. (One post said it would open in Jan, my rep said the exact same thing, but added it might be in early Feb too...)

Curiously there was a "registration link" on the 2007 Camp Jeep page on Jeep.com but it only took you to a "waiting list" form and that came down pretty fast. By pretty fast I mean that I signed up in December and it was down the very next day, so I have no clue how long it was up. When I mentioned that fact to the phone rep he did confirm that it was up previously, and that it was taken down, and that they didn't have any further information other than it was NOT an indication that they were not having open registration.

There are rumors on other forums that they have way too many respondents this year and that there is a waiting list. I don't know how anyone would know this, and no one has been able to confirm this.

It is a sweet event, and I am looking forward to taking the Commander there this year, if they open up the registration.

I am wondering if they get enough responses that they will split the Camps like they did before and have one in Cali or even better in Moab.

If anyone from CO or beyond is interesting in convoying to VA post or send me a PM!!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I plan on going to Camp Jeep this year.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
UberCommander said:
what are the prices on camp jeep?/
I want to say that it was like around $260 per vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
It was $295 per vehicle for 2007. The price seems to vary every year. IIRC in 2006 it was $300 something.

·
Registered
437 Posts
We went last year and it was the first year it sold out. I would just suggest that you keep checking the web site and when it goes on sale register soon. Even it sells out again it is not like a Hanna Montana concert and sells out in a matter of minutes. I am thinking last year it maybe sold out a month or two before the event.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am considering the 2008 Jamboree in Chinle Arizona June 6 thru 8, Has anyone done it before? Anyone else going? Can anyone tell me what it is normally like? Will the Commander do ok here?

I know TOM TROTTER (still voting) has done one. Any words?

·
Registered
10 Posts
UberCommander - think of this way, Camp Jeep is designed as family friendly event, whilst a Jamboree is more wheeling-centric.

YouTube has some video showing the trails, just search on Camp Jeep and it will pull them up - in the past they have not been as hard core as a Jamboree trail can get. Still great scenery and lots of wheeling fun either way.

It is just going to be you or your family?

·
Registered
10 Posts
NOVA (Northern Virginia Jeepers...)

So just to update here, I popped into the NOVAjeepers.com site as they are the group that Jeep always approaches to be Trail Guides at Camp Jeep.

SO far they have heard nothing encouraging. :(

In fact, one of their new members has been calling the Camp Jeep line every day to inquire with the same answer - Registration is not open yet. :mad:

Hopefully it will be soon.

If anyone from here is definitely still going, I will post as soon as I see the registration open up. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts