Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery went dead today on my 2008 Commander with the 4.7 V8. Went to Auto Zone they said the battery was dead. Bought a new one and they offered to change it for free. They hooked up some memory saver (?) device to the computer connection and then changed the battery. When I started the car the gauges won't work, the check engine light is on, door locks don't work, rear a/c won't work and remote is not working. Guy at Auto Zone has no idea why or what they did... Anyone have any idea? Haven't been able to take it to the dealer to have it hooked up to the computer.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Check to see if you are getting any codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to do that tomorrow. But I have to pay someone to do it. Was wondering if anyone else had this situation and could help without it costing me.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and it didn't fix it. I also can't get it to show the codes. I have the new all in one key/remote with out the actual key, not sure if that matters on how you read the codes. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to the dealer and they could not get the computer to even read for a code. After some checking they found a 10amp fuse under the dash was blown. Thanks for the ideas. Auto Zone did pay the bill to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts