Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My commander has been working fine but yesterday wouldn't start ..The display comes on but the thing won't start ...but then started working again. This happened several times but now will not start at all. The battery is fine and I swapped relays but no luck. Tried tapping on the starter also and no luck.

·
1,993 Posts
I used a fluke meter, my digital charger and also tried a jump ....
Fluke is a nice meter man not to many of us have those in our boxes. But none of those put a load on the battery which is what's needed to truly test the battery. What happened when you tried to jump start it? if you got nothing at all obviously start with the fuses but I'm sure you did that already. A few things I can think of is the ignition module or shift module or maybe the yellow starter wire. There is a yellow starter wire that has caused some problems with corrosion. Obviously if you jumped it and it started right up it would be a dead battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the dealer said it was a wire harness to the starter was bad ..going to pick it up now so I'll keep you posted as to how the repair holds up ..thanks alot for your input!

·
1,993 Posts
Well the dealer said it was a wire harness to the starter was bad ..going to pick it up now so I'll keep you posted as to how the repair holds up ..thanks alot for your input!
It might be that yellow starter wire I mentioned previously. Keep you receipt because if they just fix it without addressing the cause which I believe is from corrosion it will happen again. Hope things turn out good man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make it Happen

Everyone and anyone who is having issues with their Jeep NEEDS to file a complaint with the NHTSA! This is the only way this issue is going to be resolved. We can cry all we want on these forms, but with enough complaints a recall will be issued! I know it sucks because I have all these issues, but PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT!
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults

1 - 7 of 7 Posts