Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang...first post here.....is anyone putting lifts/tires on the 3.7L QT1 (all wheel drive) XK. And if so/or not .. has anyone offroaded their QT1 and how did it do...im currently leasing one getting ready to buy a new one.. almost cant pass up the deal...just wondering about the lifts and off road capability of the QT1...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
There was another new member this week withthe same questions, you can lift it and it will do very well off road as the 4X4 is really a small amount of off road. You will me limited to what you can do but you can do most everything any of us do (except phunkeydude).

A lift will be okay but you will have a hard time if you go with much bigger tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OTHER 3.7 drivers

thanks 49erfan... that helps however im hoping to hear from 3.7L drivers...what you have put your commander thru...what lift, what tires, pics...there are ton of those "sports" out there...

·
Registered
391 Posts
There was another new member this week withthe same questions, you can lift it and it will do very well off road as the 4X4 is really a small amount of off road. You will me limited to what you can do but you can do most everything any of us do (except phunkeydude).

A lift will be okay but you will have a hard time if you go with much bigger tires.

When I grow up I want to be like phunkeydude!:banana_hitit::banana:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If all you plan on doing is trail riding youll be fine. If you plan on doing hardcore off roading then your going to have a problem. bsnyder717 has a skyjacker spacer lift and 255/75R17 BFG Mud Terrains with the QT I and he has gone on the trail rides with us. Talk to him and im sure he can give you all the info you need.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I havent had any trouble with mine. put on a 2 inch lift and goodyear wrangle silent armor tires in stock size and have been able to go just about anywhere i have needed too. As long as you learn to turn off the ESP before you get in too deep....make sure you dont just hit the button once..... you have to hold it down for 10 seconds til it dings and says ESP off on the dash.....Infact i was out in some mud tonight and dug through just fine.

here are a couple links to show some of the stuff i have done with mine. I wouldnt go to MOAB and try following Phunkey around....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-yYgzvJFts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZ85N0dKvA

·
Registered
807 Posts
oh ya, for what i lack with the QT1, i make up for with a small winch that i keep in bag in the back....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
impressive

hey Fohn Jargo....very impressive...i did take my current QT1 thru an old pature to look at a used car with a buddy...and it wasnt that bad, but i was still impressed with it, because of how much rain we had gotten the couple day before...in fact it was bad enough we couldnt get the used car out to test drive it....but the jeep just powerd right thru it.. i did get stuck for just a second, turned off esp and again pulled right out...

·
Registered
807 Posts
hey Fohn Jargo....very impressive...i did take my current QT1 thru an old pature to look at a used car with a buddy...and it wasnt that bad, but i was still impressed with it, because of how much rain we had gotten the couple day before...in fact it was bad enough we couldnt get the used car out to test drive it....but the jeep just powerd right thru it.. i did get stuck for just a second, turned off esp and again pulled right out...

if you put some decent tires on it and remember to push down the ESP button and hold it down for ten seconds, you will never have a problem. i was out playn all week long for the thankgiving holidays and never had any trouble in all situations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts