Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a 2008 Commander and are looking for a set of winter wheels. I am planning to buy a set off of a 2007 Commander and the 56029359AA sensors. Any reason this wouldn't work? Also, what is involved with initializing the new sensors? Do the sensors have to be reinitialized every time the tires are rotated?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Sensors have been found to be model year specific, I am not sure if 2007 & 2008 share the same part but someone will speak up on that issue.

If you have two sets of tires (I do) you can change them back and forth or rotate them around the vehicle without any programing of any kind.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Get your part numbers from a Jeep dealer.
All the TPMS part #s were updated last year, but I don't know why.
Most often, it is a new vendor.
For the most part we, on the forum, have found the sensors to be year specific.
Jeep uses recievers at each corner so there is no initializing required.....it knows where they are.
I don't know about the Ford system, but the G.M. system must be re-initialized with every tire rotation. (I have an 08 Malibu).....what a pita.
You must air down each tire once rotated turn key on face north pick nose scratch ass and then air it over spec. Then face south do a jig clap your hands pull on your ear and let air out back down to spec. Then, maybe the reciever will notice the new positions after you do this 4 times.
Or, spend 350.00 for a G.M. TPMS initializing tool from Kent Moore or OTC.
Or you go back to your friendly dealer that you've purchassed 17 vehicles from and they will initialize for you.
Naw, this feature doesn't annoy me a bit on a G.M. vehicle......UK...UK

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the dealer. They call for a 56029359AB. I found 56029359AA on ebay - $60 for 4 shipped. Does anyone know if these are compatible or what the difference is? I am assuming the AB is just a later revision to the AA? Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts