Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 XK Overland with the factory remote start. Is there any way to have the heated seats come on when you remote start it? What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I have an '08 Sport which obviously is not an Overland - but I do have heated seats and remote start.

I never tried to set the heated seats to come on when I start my XK remotely.

I've always just been concerned with making sure the heat is set to come on if I know it's going to be cold the next morning - and it really takes no time for the seats to heat up once you turn them on.

As far as I know, you have to manually push the button to turn the heated seats on.

The only other thing I could think to try is to turn the heated seats and then shut your XK off - wait about 2 minutes and then start your XK and see if the heated seats are still powered on when you start it.

My guess is they will probably turn themselves off when the engine is shut off to eliminate unnecessary drain on the battery and the alternator when starting your engine, but, it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't work, I think you might be out of luck, I don't know of any way to set the heated seats to automatically power on when you start the vehicle remotely.

I'm sure the Overland has quite a few features my sport doesn't have - maybe double check in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The seats on my limited will not come on with the auto start. I do what Blue says and set the heater the night before, that always works.

Seat heat only takes a couple of minutes to get nice anyways, so no big deal really. The steering wheel heater would have been nice though....

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up. I don't think there is a way to do it. Oh well at least I know now. I appreciate the replies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts