Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a new guy and am thinking about purchasing a 2009 Commander limited Hemi. I have a few questions. I have been doing a lot of research on the car over the past few days. I am interested in finding out what problems you guys have encountered with your Commanders. I have read a few problems but they were in older models and not hthe 2009. Also what should I look for before I buy? Any problem areas that I should check out? Thanks in advance.

·
1,993 Posts
First you're going to get beat up for double posting the same question LOL. Second its like any used vehicle go over everything and get service records if you can. Which drive system does it have Qt2 or QD2 it makes a difference. Does it have the tow package skid plates these things effect the price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ill have to find out if it has the Qt2 or Qd2. It does have the tow package.

Edit it is a 4x4 and has the chrome t handle for Lo. 4x4 is a must for me as it will be my beach vehicle

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What they have it listed for is way high in my eyes. Priced out of my price range but when we walked into the dealership and talked to a salesman he took 5k off the top within 3 minutes of talking to him.

·
1,993 Posts
First thing you can do is take that listed MPG rating they have and throw it out the window. Most the 5.7 and 4.7 guys run between 11 and 14 MPG. The add lists QT2 as the drive system but follow the instructions on the link I gave you and visually confirm what you have. The sun roof drains have a habit of clogging easy fix and can come disconnected easy fix as well. Have the thing looked over get the service records if you can get a warranty if you can afford it then you will have worry free operation. It looks like a sweet XK man to much chrome for my taste :) There great vehicles to own if you buy them for the right reasons. Don't buy it if gas prices freak you out or you want to race mustangs on the highway. Like all jeeps its a life style and it comes with a price. Most of us not all of us love our jeeps and minor inconvenience that pop are worth what we get out of them and we see them as opportunity to upgrade and improve something. So make sure you know what you're getting. The rear seats are only fit for kids small ones at that. But with a little work these things will get you and your family to the top of a mountain with all the gear you could possibly need on hand. Heck I rock crawled with the air running and the kids watching a movie in the back before. Good luck bro

·
1,993 Posts
Like I said in my previous post it has QDII. You can tell this by looking at the pictures where you can see the T-handle on the console. The vehicle desription on that site is a generic description that the dealer got somewhere. Most dealers don't know S*** about what they are selling whether it be their brand or another (used) brand.
I agree dealers don't know crap about it. I couldn't see a QD2 badge in the pictures my self. I also don't believe in trusting badges bro I still recommend visually confirm the drive system only way to make sure you're getting what you paid for.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I agree dealers don't know crap about it. I couldn't see a QD2 badge in the pictures my self. I also don't believe in trusting badges bro I still recommend visually confirm the drive system only way to make sure you're getting what you paid for.
Yeah, I deleted that post. I couldn't see the QDII badge but I can see the t-handle. But since it has a HEMI it most likey has QDII. Only way to know for sure is to get the build sheet or look underneath and count the bolts.

Here you can see the t-handle so it is either QTII or QDII.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a 09 Hemi/QT2 and LOVE IT! I'm getting a solid 13 city and 19 highway here in the mountains of southwest VA. Its an absolute beast in the snow.

I have had zero issues with mine, I'm at 13k right now.

Interestingly enough, I only paid 32k for mine brand new with a sticker price of 44k. The price on that one is way high for a used unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First thing you can do is take that listed MPG rating they have and throw it out the window. Most the 5.7 and 4.7 guys run between 11 and 14 MPG. The add lists QT2 as the drive system but follow the instructions on the link I gave you and visually confirm what you have. The sun roof drains have a habit of clogging easy fix and can come disconnected easy fix as well. Have the thing looked over get the service records if you can get a warranty if you can afford it then you will have worry free operation. It looks like a sweet XK man to much chrome for my taste :) There great vehicles to own if you buy them for the right reasons. Don't buy it if gas prices freak you out or you want to race mustangs on the highway. Like all jeeps its a life style and it comes with a price. Most of us not all of us love our jeeps and minor inconvenience that pop are worth what we get out of them and we see them as opportunity to upgrade and improve something. So make sure you know what you're getting. The rear seats are only fit for kids small ones at that. But with a little work these things will get you and your family to the top of a mountain with all the gear you could possibly need on hand. Heck I rock crawled with the air running and the kids watching a movie in the back before. Good luck bro
Thanks for all your help. I agree it is a little much chrome but if it's what the wife wants then so be it. I'm just happy that she likes the Hemi lol. I have a mustang so no need to be racing them:) We are mainly buying it for the future. Hoping to have kids in the neer future and we need another vehicle able to go on the beach with no problem. This seems like it will fit the bill. Now I just need to get the price where I want it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts