Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a negative review. The first sentence sets the tone - how do they know how a Jeep fan feels? They even made a mistake in the hp ratings for the new Hemi 5.7L engine. It should state that the new engine has variable cam timing and produces 357hp and 389tq. They should stick to reviewing automobiles, not SUVs.

2009 Jeep Commander Review - Automobile Magazine

·
Registered
184 Posts
It amuses me how they think the Land Rover and Land Cruiser are more capable than our beloved Commander. I have been on some pretty interesting trails, including Black Bear Pass, and the only time I've seen a Land Rover or Toy-yo-duh product on those trails is when they are being towed by a Mopar product.

I gave up on automobile magazines a long time ago. They are all biased towards Euro-trash and Rice-burning roller skates. They wouldn't know a real vehicle if it ran them over.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I don't think the review was really overly negative. The writer obviously didn't like the cramped 3rd row seating, but he was comparing with bigger SUVs (LR3 and Land Cruiser), so what would he expect?

He prefered the looks of the Grand Cherokee over the Commander, which is purely subjective. I prefer the looks of the Commander by far over the GC. Other than that and one comment about fit and finish, I don't really think the guy was ragging on the Commander...

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
It amuses me how they think the Land Rover {is} more capable than our beloved Commander.... .
I think so too. The LR3 is extremely capable, but it's a POS in terms of reliability from what I've seen. I actually like the LR3 more than just about any other SUV and I'd be driving one if they didn't spend so much time in the shop. But I don't think anyone can argue that the LR3 isn't an extremely capable SUV...

·
Registered
237 Posts
As long as this great XK forum is alive, I know that my ride is still the Commander of other 4x4 vehicles. :rocker:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Just one more reason why I will not renew my subscription. They can take their BMW's and shove them where the sun don't shine!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts