Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Olive Green. 4.7L Flex Fuel engine. Quadra Drive II. Trail-rated. Tow package. Sunroof. Uconnect. Heated seats. Hill Assist. Park assist rear sensors. Power liftgate.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What are the buttons on the steering wheel for? I would only assume cruise, but the symbols are different.

The auto pedal buttons look to be in a better location.

I really really really like the climate control/ temp gauge.

The key fob looks just like the 08 key fob. I thought the 09 was going to have a keyless 'button' start like the Prius or is that only available in the unlimited?

The power outlet... is in the back?? Great!!!

I am guessing this is the 'U' package?

Wish I had the money to upgrade!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice!!! Thanks for the pictures. I like the power in the back, and the new air controls. Pretty nice looking.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I absolutely love the black leather seats and interior. And the best part about it is that it has no chrome. Damm I want your Commander! Ok now its time to lift it and get her dirty....lol jk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
robochick84 said:
What are the buttons on the steering wheel for? I would only assume cruise, but the symbols are different.

The key fob looks just like the 08 key fob. I thought the 09 was going to have a keyless 'button' start like the Prius or is that only available in the unlimited?

Yes, this is the 28U package.

The buttons on the steering wheel is to control what's displayed on the EVIC and to change your personal EVIC settings.

The cruise control stalk is on the right side of the steering wheel. I assume this stalk is the same as the '08. The '08 and '09 LX vehicles have this same cruise control stalk. The nice thing is it's integrated into the steering wheel so it turns along with the steering wheel. You can change the cruise control without taking your hands off the steering wheel.

On the key fob, the button with the rounded arrow with the X2 is the remote start button. I've had this on my '08 Dodge Magnum and now on my '09 Dodge Charger. You press this button twice from 300 ft. or closer and it will start the vehicle and lock all the doors. You unlock the car, get in, stick the key in the ignition slot, turn it to start position, and only then will you be able to drive the car. A great feature in the cold winter.

The power outlet is on the 2nd row underneath the vents. You can see it in the pic of the 2nd row. I had this power outlet in my '07 Dodge Nitro. Really loved it. The LX vehicles don't have it.

I'm glad for the power liftgate feature. Was this feature available in the '08s? I know they didn't have it in 2006 or 2007.

I like the flip open hard cover of the power outlets in front. This thing is a gas guzzler. Hope it gets better with more miles. Would have preferred the Hemi but I didn't have a choice since this was a pilot vehicle.

Here's a pic of the cruise control stalk on an '08 Dodge Magnum.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
robochick84 said:

From the looks of it the cruise control is on the right just behind the steering wheel.

EDIT: You beat me to it! Also it must be nice to have all those new vehicles! Im jellous.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hi 13m,

Looks great. The white Rover in the next driveway is a nice touch. You have the better truck in my opinion.
I also have a LX. It's an 07 SRT-8 Magnum. I was surprised that my 07 Commander did not use the the corporate steering column.
When I get out of the Jeep and into the Mag it takes a few minutes to get re-oriented to the control placement.
These details and the fact the 4.7 picked up 70 h.p. makes me consider trading to a 09.

As an example of aerodynamics, The 6.1 Magnum gets 22/23 m.p.g. on the highway with cruise at 68 m.p.h.
The 4.7 Jeep gets 21/22 m.p.g at the same speeds.
Both have exceeded my expectations

Good luck with the new ride!
Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
robby said:
Hi 13m,

Looks great. The white Rover in the next driveway is a nice touch. You have the better truck in my opinion.
I also have a LX. It's an 07 SRT-8 Magnum. I was surprised that my 07 Commander did not use the the corporate steering column.
When I get out of the Jeep and into the Mag it takes a few minutes to get re-oriented to the control placement.
These details and the fact the 4.7 picked up 70 h.p. makes me consider trading to a 09.

As an example of aerodynamics, The 6.1 Magnum gets 22/23 m.p.g. on the highway with cruise at 68 m.p.h.
The 4.7 Jeep gets 21/22 m.p.g at the same speeds.
Both have exceeded my expectations

Good luck with the new ride!
Rob
Hi Rob,

Curious. Are you a member of lxforums.com? I am a member of that forum and of chargerforums.com. I frequently visit those sites. Congrats on the MSRT. That's a really nice car. My other vehicle is an '09 Dodge Charger R/T R&T. I really like it.

The new Hemi 5.7L for the '09s have Variable Cam Timing (VCT), adding more hp, torque and are 5% more fuel efficient.

For the '09 Grand Cherokee and Commander, the Hemi 5.7L rating is:

SAE Power (bhp @ rpm): [email protected]
SAE torque (lb-ft @ rpm): [email protected]

If you can afford it, get the Hemi.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your positive comments about the Jeep. My wife had an '08 4.0L AWD Pacifica which did around 21mpg average. Considering that she drives 50 miles one way to work, we will surely suffer at the wallet with the mpg of this Commander.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
07JeepXK said:
I absolutely love the black leather seats and interior. And the best part about it is that it has no chrome. Damm I want your Commander! Ok now its time to lift it and get her dirty....lol jk.
Thanks. I always use rubber floor mats on top of the factory mats to preserve them and lessen the rocks, dirt, winter salt, etc. that easily shows on a dark carpet. I'm sure this car will look dirty quickly!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Hi 13m,
I often can be found on SRT8OC. same name [robby]
I do occasionally ghost the lx forum, never got around to registering.
Ya know,as much as I love the HEMI 6.1 and the basic design I really have no desire for the 5.7 and its multiple displacement feature.
A bit more potential for failure there,although I know most have been bullit proof.
The mileage is so close, and the torque is close,I really can't justify the options expense for my uses.
If I need to start my hair on fire i'll use the Magee, My Z/28, or one of my Impala's
We'll talk more,
Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RedCommander said:
Cool Jeep. Man, I didn't know the 09s were even being built yet.
Jefferson North Assembly Plant is down right now for '09 model year changeover. I think they start back up next week. The '09 pictured here is a pilot vehicle. Chrysler builds a few pilots at the end of the previous model year (in this case '08) and at the start of the new model year ('09). Employees drive the pilot vehicles (not for free!) and report any problems they find. This process helps determine any part or process problems so it can be prioritized and corrected so less problems hit the consumers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts