Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2009 Commander in excellent condition it does have all the options that we are use to on a newer car but it is lacking the power lift gate option, does anyone know if the Limited came prewired for that option from factory so it would be an easier task to have the mechanism install etc?. Thanks (09 mander)

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just bought a 2009 Commander in excellent condition it does have all the options that we are use to on a newer car but it is lacking the power lift gate option, does anyone know if the Limited came prewired for that option from factory so it would be an easier task to have the mechanism install etc?. Thanks (09 mander)
a lot of jeep vehicles were prewired for upgrades even if the upgrades weren't installed. I cant guarantee that power liftgate stuff is there, but if you start poking around for it I can tell you that all of the connections and the lift unit itself are mounted behind the driver side rear wheel well. you'll have to take the trim panels and wheel well cover from the driver side rear of the jeep out. When I was trying to trouble shoot why my lift gate doesn't work I stopped after half of the mounting clips broke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts