Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander Black Pearl Limited 5.7L Hemi V8 4WD QD-II
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC/Heater stopped blowing air so I decided to buy a new blower motor and resistor. I saw some videos on it and thought it would be easy enough to do it myself but when I removed the glove box I see this contraption! The resistor looks nothing like what I’ve been seeing on all these videos. How do I remove this? Am I going to have to buy a whole different resistor? I’m so confused :( please help.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so I was able to get the little hamster in my brain to finally move and figured out how to remove the resistor! It definitely looks nothing like what I’ve been watching on YouTube lmao. Apparently I’m going to have to buy a whole different kind of resistor now :(
Automotive tire Camera lens Reflex camera Camera accessory Photographer

·
Registered
169 Posts
That is the resistor for the climate control HVAC, which is usually found in the Limited trim package. If your blower doesn't work at all, even on "high" then chances are your motor is bad, and not the resistor.

Reactions: Big Blue

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the new motor first but it still didn’t work :( is there something I’m missing maybe?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It doesn't work at all, even on high? Hopefully some other memebers can chime in, but I think the resistor is only invovled for blower settings other than high. If it doesn't work at all, on any setting, I would start looking at the blower motor fuses and relays. Did you try connecting the old blower directly to a 12v source to see if it spins?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't work at all, even on high? Hopefully some other memebers can chime in, but I think the resistor is only invovled for blower settings other than high. If it doesn't work at all, on any setting, I would start looking at the blower motor fuses and resistors. Did you try connecting the old blower directly to a 12v source to see if it spins?
It doesn’t work even on high. I haven’t tried connecting the blower to a 12v yet.

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks @Big Blue. I also just edited my earlier post to say what I really meant, which was to check "fuses and relays" instead of "fuses and resistors". I believe both blower fuse and blower relay are in the compartment under the hood, the one furthest from the battery. Your owners manual should provide specifics from there.

Reactions: Emtee and Big Blue

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you For the help, guys! I’ll check the fuses and relays once I get the chance! I’ll let y’all know what happened once I find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts