Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2006 Commander and I put Honda headphones in mine. I don't really think it matters.It is just any infrared. There's no syncing necessary.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
It is a 2006
@Spraygun ;

There are some new questions pertaining specifically to your Commander that have been added to your user profile to be answered.

Your answers will display all of your Commander's information below your avatar like this:

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 140,000

To update your profile, click on your username above your avatar and select the "View Public Profile" tab and click on "About Me" and you will see the questions that need to be answered pertaining to your Commander's information.

Please take the time to update your profile when you have a spare minute, so, the newer members will know what kind of Commander (Year, Trim Package, 2WD or 4WD; 4WD system, Power-Train etc.) that you are driving - and you won't have to answer questions like the one @johnnymac2k6 just asked you.

Thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a 2 headset kit, and a remote together for like $40 (snagged it last min on the auction feature. the remote it came with appears similar in shape, but its a little different. Might be the one that the Magnums/chargers came with that had the rear dvd. Guess we'll see if it works and clips in place or not. the shapes look similar so we're hopefully good. They are 2 channel IR.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Headphones-NEW-OEM-KIT-REMOTE-05091246AA-Chrysler-UConnect-VES-2-Pairs-KIT/112645484255?_trkparms=aid=777003&algo=DISCL.MBE&ao=2&asc=49476&meid=2381fed9b31b4ed58f70bb6b9bf18fb4&pid=100012&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=112641472626&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the headphones in my kit i bought work great. the remote does nothing other than light up. is there any trick to getting the remote to sync or anything? or did i maybe buy the wrong one? the one with the colored buttons is the one that was in my combo kit. i tried it on channel one and two. it clips up in the ceiling exactly like it should....so it appears to be the correct one.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i got this licked....i bet i simple need the "other" VES remote...not the uconnect remote.
Just in case anyone comes across this in the future. The remote with VES on the bottom was the correct remote.

seems ANY 2 channel headphones work.

BUT the remote with the colored buttons will NOT work.

The 2 channel remote with the VES on the bottom, and no colored buttons was the ticket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts