Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info on the 2010 Commander, including a complete list of options and standard features, along with introductory MSRP pricing can be found at the link below.

Overview: Final model year for the Commander. The 5.7L Hemi is an available option on the Sport model (both 2WD and 4WD). The 5.7L is Standard on the Limited. The 4.7L engine has been dropped. No Overland model.

http://www.xkjeeps.com/2010_XK_intro.htm

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks as always for the latest updates!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
This is the time to buy one if interested. Not in the market for one, but I'm sure they'll be heavily discounted to move them.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I wonder why they dropped the 4.7? I am not sure but it also looks like QDII is not standard with the HEMI.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I honestly don't think this will happen. The 2010-version I mean. It just doesn't make sense. The already stopped the production, Chapter 11, merger with Fiat, public pressure against large SUV's, etc, etc, etc. Why restart the production for one single year only?

It might be / might have been a plan to continue until 2010, but I don't think they'll do it. Also the fairly limited options available don't make it sensible. I could be wrong of course.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I am not sure but it also looks like QDII is not standard with the HEMI.
QDII is not standard with the 2009 HEMI. It is a $795 option and includes the skid plates and tow hooks.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I honestly don't think this will happen.
Milous has the insider view, If he is willing to stop in and say that there will be a 2010 Commander then you can rest assured that there will be one!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Someone buy a fully loaded 2010 Limited and I'll buy it from you in 3 years.:bowdown:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
If you go to the xkjeeps.com website, there is a link to the 2010 model year. It is a short year, so I would think that they would just be using up all of the parts in the pipeline. Options and packages are very limited. I believe that new Pentastar DOHC V6 is being built to replace the 3.7 SOHC V6 and the 4.7 SOHC V8.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
258 Posts
No more Overlands? :(

I guess I have a rare breed then. When we bought ours, it was the only 4x4 Overland around. I still haven't seen another one...Most of them are 4x2.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
If you go to the xkjeeps.com website, there is a link to the 2010 model year.
See post #1 of this thread. Milous, the originator of this thread, is the owner of xkjeeps.com

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Hey, Milous...What ever happened to the push button start ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, Milous...What ever happened to the push button start ?
Cancelled, along with the Proximity Entry system. The Keyless-Go/Proximity Entry features were originally scheduled to debut in the 2008 Grand Cherokee, and later on, in the Commander. For some reason, perhaps "cost" since the generation is ending, they were aborted. Service, parts and owners manuals still reference the features. Since many 2008-2010 pilot models have these options, parts are available to order although doing the conversion can be a little tricky, and costly.

2008 Grand Cherokee pre-production model with Keyless-Go feature:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I honestly don't think this will happen. The 2010-version I mean. It just doesn't make sense. The already stopped the production, Chapter 11, merger with Fiat, public pressure against large SUV's, etc, etc, etc. Why restart the production for one single year only?

It might be / might have been a plan to continue until 2010, but I don't think they'll do it. Also the fairly limited options available don't make it sensible. I could be wrong of course.
If the parts are already stamped and the parts bins are full, it might make sense to use those parts and call it a '10.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I didn't see anything that made the 2010 more desirable than a leftover new '08 or even an '09. What kind of production run are they planning for MY 2010 in terms of volume?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts