Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im kind of torn right now. I currently own a 2006 XK. It has its pros and cons. Love the wide body and all the space on the inside but the mpg's are garbage. I've been averaging about 12.8 city. I previously owned a 2005 Grand Cherokee prior to the Commander and loved it. I understand the Grand Cherokee isn't that much better on fuel but I definitely wasn't at the pump as much as I am now. Both vehicles had the 4.7L V8 also. There's also a lot more mods you can do to the Grand Cherokee over the Commander as well. I got rid of the GC due to all the electrical issues I started to have after 125k miles. I wont trade for another few months but was curious to everyone's opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
When I bought my Commander, the third row seat really put it over the top for us, transitioning from a mini-van and the kids starting to leave the home, but still a few years left before last kids, a mini-van number of seats could still be put in use often for us.

Look at the back seat of the GC, the ones I've seen, the same year as the Commander were rather low to the ground, NOT ideal for adults on long trips.

But if you don't need the third row, nor do you use the 2nd row that often, then a GC might fit your needs better. They are more popular.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought my Commander, the third row seat really put it over the top for us, transitioning from a mini-van and the kids starting to leave the home, but still a few years left before last kids, a mini-van number of seats could still be put in use often for us.

Look at the back seat of the GC, the ones I've seen, the same year as the Commander were rather low to the ground, NOT ideal for adults on long trips.

But if you don't need the third row, nor do you use the 2nd row that often, then a GC might fit your needs better. They are more popular.
That's pretty much my thought process right now. I don't use the 3rd row at all and generally always have it down. Small children and pets are about all that fit in the 3rd row anyways. And like I said the GC has so much more that you can do to it and is a bit more appeasing to the eye. We'll see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts