Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an opportunity to buy a 2010 commander with 45k miles but it's been sitting since 2014. The previous owner passed away and it's been parked since. I've brought old trucks back to life before but never something this new. Do you guys have any tips or knowledge on getting one of these back on the road? It has the 5.7 hemi.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
Welcome to the Commander forum. Since you do not own one yet we won't alert you to fill out the required details about yourself until you buy it. A low miles 2010 Commander sounds like a great find - where is it?

Use this link to find out more about the Commander you are looking at.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mice chewing the insulation off the wires would be my main concern. Just check that out on the whole wiring harness, other stuff can be fixed a lot easier.

·
Registered
2006 Limited 5.7 QDll 142k miles
219 Posts
Also, make sure the cooling system is in top shape. Hoses, radiator, heater core lines, water pump,... The last thing you want to do is overheat a Hemi.

BTW, nice low mileage find! Once you get it painted, lifted & add bigger tires, post some pictures of it!!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
My 06 still has the original hoses everywhere except the coolant overflow :giggle:
Reminds me to pt them on my to-do list.

Reactions: Arapahoe

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
354 Posts
rubber bits will one of the things to replace. betls, hoses, i'd do the water pump and swap all the fluids ... you know the gas will be really bad so do not even try to start it before purging the tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts