Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Chrysler disable the DTC code reading with the "Key Dance" for 2010 Jeeps and/or other brands? I have a 2010 Commander, and have had numerous earlier Chrysler cars, and used the DTC read feature all the time, so I know how to do it.

I have gone back and tried again and again, watched a youtube video of someone doing it with a 2009 Jeep. I can NOT get any DTC message what so ever, the video I saw, showed a DTC report coming up in the EVIC window. Has anyone gotten this to work with a 2010? I have never had a problem doing this with any other of my Chrysler Vehicles.

This, and the Fobik Key Customer Learn Procedure is now out of the Owners Manual and will NOT work either with 2 valid keys, after trying two dozens times.

I'm really getting suspicious Chrysler decided to drop these features in 2010, WHY?, are they really trying to force people back to the dealership for every little BS thing?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Please do not keep posting this issue. You have posted it in 3 or 4 different places now and I think everyone knows you are having a problem. When someone can offer you some help they will. It is against the Forum rules to "cross post" (posting the same thing in multiple places). Thanks.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, you're right, I got a little frustrated and desperate.

Just FYI, in case someone comes across the thread, the problem was that the time to complete the key dance is down to 3 sec now, and if you wait for the EVIC display to light up before turning the key from run to lock again, you will go over the 3 sec total time to complete the "key dance". Ignore the EVIC lighting up or NOT, just move the key back and forth as fast as you can between "Locked-Run-Locked-Run-Locked-Run" in less than 3 sec and it will work.

Somehow I got in my head I had to wait for the EVIC to light up to be in "RUN" mode, and that was what threw me off.

Admin's, its covered in the other post, delete the thread if you feel its appropraite. I only posted again to put up the answer in case someone finds the thread in a search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts