Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before we begin, yes i have read the sticky. I couldn't find information on the commander, since the commander was offered with 18s from 2008 and up in the limited and overland packages.

Now on to the question, lol. I've been scouring the forums on this subject. The subject of backspacing as eluded me. I have a 2006 commander limited with the Hemi. I picked up a set of 2012 JK 18" wheels for cheap. I also picked up a set of 4 hub centric 1.5" wheel spacers. Will i need the spacers with this wheel? I want to say that the number on the wheel is 43.5 mm bs on the new ones, but i don't know what the Commander is. I am not running a lift yet on the commander so we have gone with the stock 18 in tire (245-60r18) I'm just not sure if i need to put on the spacers right now. I know i will potentially need them when i put on the lift. Thanks in advance and i look forward to hearing the responses

Im also looking for more information on max tire size with a lift. Im looking at the ome hd lift, however this lift is months away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the 18s on and i needed the spacer, Minor rubbing on the caliper but ball joint is plenty clear. love the stance and am looking forward to putting the lift on in the near future

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,699 Posts
Got the 18s on and i needed the spacer, Minor rubbing on the caliper but ball joint is plenty clear. love the stance and am looking forward to putting the lift on in the near future
@Cross_Thread_Red Why don't you post some pics for us?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ended up using Kelly 245/60r18 .2% different than the 245/65r17s if the calculator was correct. I think it looks a lot better but the spacer was needed to clear the front calipers

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,699 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks great; I've always liked the 5-hole wheels from the JKs. It'll look even better when you put the lift on!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reactions: g_ster
1 - 11 of 11 Posts